Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was mistakenly posted in the hunting forum. Reposted it here.

Bought The TR Matrix sight this past January. I Like it very much- Vertical pins, easy micro gang adjustment, no tools needed for individual pin adjustments are just some of the reasons.

OK, so this past spring I was practicing one day and slowly I began to shot like crap. Thought I was past having problems with torque issues. So after a day of pulling my hair out (and I don't have much to start with LoL) I discovered a small crack in the horizontal adjustment bracket. Called up Trophy Ridge no problem, no hassle they sent me out a new horizontal brkt. and a vertical brkt. just in case. Cool great customer service!

It's about 5 months later and I went to the range today with my 23 yr old son, showing off my tight groups. Then slowly my shooting started to go down hill. You'd think I would have learned from my experience this past spring, but no its frustration time all over again. Finally I check the sight and sure enough the bracket cracked in the same place as last time. The only difference is deer season opens next Saturday! This is happening just from vibration, it was not bumped or anything like that.

First thing I did when I got home was to call TR. Without getting excited I explained what happened and that I was upset because the season opens next week. Again no problem they are sending me out 2 horizontal brkts (one as a spare) overnight air under warranty. Should have it Monday, I just need to find the time to sight her in before next weekend.

I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar problem with their Matrix? I did a quick search here and did not see any comments on it. Even though this is a major pain in the [email protected]#, I have to commend TR/Bear Archery for doing the right thing as quickly as they say they will.

Attachments

· Registered
1,109 Posts
No problems with my V drive Mantis which looks like it has the same bracket. Don't over tighten those bolts, that can crack the aluminum. If that's not the case I don't know. Good luck!

· Registered
23,638 Posts
I have had quite a few different versions/years/models of the Mtric and I have never seen that kind of failure...

I am glad TR took good care of you, but I would not expect less.

Good luck this season!

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had quite a few different versions/years/models of the Mtric and I have never seen that kind of failure...

I am glad TR took good care of you, but I would not expect less.

Good luck this season!

I asked the tech on the phone and he said they have had a number of them fail. He also said when Bear took over they tried to beef it up a little in that area.

By the way, when I was a teenager I spent my summers up in Dutches Co. around Sylvan Lake. That's where I started to hone my hunting skills. Lots of great memories!

Have a good season.

· Registered
10,157 Posts
i have an older model matrix guide series ,and the screw stripped on the elevation bracket ,they replaced it with the new bracket( i got the sight from TR when they were in montana) under warranty. its great that they did that the could have told me i had to pay for it , i do prefer the old style bracket, but the customer service is still top notch like is was with the original TR,so i'll just have to learn to like the new bracket

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well TR / Bear came through. I received the replacement parts on Monday as they promised. Put the sight back on my bow, did a preliminary sight in today at work, shooting good. Will fine tune tomorrow and be all set for Saturday's opener here in NY. fewwwww...... the pressure of not being ready is off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.