Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is there a recommended speed for the TR React V5 sight? I shoot a heavy arrow so my speed is right around 247fps, just wondering was that too slow before I make that purchase. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
You are really close to the bottom end to get 10yd pins spacings, so it may work. I think I read where the bottom is 240fps but not certain. That said, if you can live with 9 yd intervals, it will still work, but your last pin will be about 55-56yds. You could also set it for the top pin at 50' and go with 25' intervals (2ns-75', 3rd-100, 4th-125, and 5th-150 feet), but would have to translate that to yds if that's the unit of measure your rangefinder is displaying. I did something similar when I first bought my React5 when I was shooting low poundage and a heavier arrow, and it seemed to be accurate. I set the first pin at 20yds (60 ft) though, so it maxed out at 53.3 yds. I say "seemed to be accurate" because i wasn't shooting all that consistent groups past around 40 yds then, so don't really know how accurate it was at the long distance.

Go

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Ill see if I can get these arrows paper tuned at 257fps. I had them there, but they kept a high tear I couldn't get rid of, arrows were spine correctly matter of fact a tad bit over spine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.