Archery Talk Forum banner

Tracer nock, Lumenock??? G-nock

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  DUCKORBLEED 
#1 ·
Want to start using a lighted nock so I can get better footage of the arrow flight don't have any experience with these, looking for some advise. Thanks T-boss

#4 ·
Tracers suck, not bright and need a magnet to work, if you can get the magnet to stay on. Also 2/3 didnt work. I used lumenocks 2 years ago and they were awesome. I switched them from arrow to arrow and shot them until they died im gonna pick up a pack for this season. Heard good things about firenocks too but they are pricey.

#6 ·
I tried to use some from wal-mart and they sucked. But we can't use them during season her so I have not put more effort into them.

#10 ·
I have used the Tracers and Lumenocks. Lumenocks work great for about 10shots and than it's hit or miss even if you make sure they are set perfectly in the shaft each shot. Tracers aren't as bright but they turn on unless of course you loose the magnet. Out of the two, I prefer the Tracers and carry a spare magnet. My advice for any lighted nock is mail order or buy from a place that keeps em behind the counter. Alot of peopole play around with the ones in the store and or swap out their bad ones for new ones five finger discount style. Had tons of issues with one or two being bad in each pack from both brands both until I mail ordered them. Out to 25yards with both I didn't have any difference in point of impact. I didn't try further because spots where I had my stands I was limited in distance. I have heard alot of positive talk about the firenocks and was thinking about trying them this year when I am able to start shooting again.

#12 ·
I like to tinker so I made mine at a cost of About $10.00 for three. So far they have worked every time, in practice and on game.

The Firenock has the advantage in brightness and being able to replace the battery (the home made lighted nocks you must replace the light/battery combo and a new nock as the light is glue into the nock).

When I run out of the homemade nocks I will more than likely by the Firenocks.

#13 ·
Firenock is the best of the best. The brightest model they offer is the Orange nock with Red LED. You've got to try 'em!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.