Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I shot a deer, followed the blood trail, turns out it went right through a bedding area. Since then I obviously haven't seen much action. I know this is a subjective question, how long until the deer will use that area again? or is it ruined all together? Thanks for any input.

·
Vendor
25,412 Posts
If deer moved bedding areas every time some predator came through they would never have to change the sheets. lol Seriously though deer tend to pick an area for bedding that they can see, hear and smell the predator coming for a reason. so they can escape unharmed. If it works why would they change. Deer do not sleep in the same spot everynight.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I don't personally believe that deer bed in the same areas all the time. I believe that deer simply react to situations. They can't think and reason like a human. If you bump them out of a bed or track through their bedding area they will react to the most recent conditions. They make spook and run, but I don't believe they will avoid the area for a certain length of time or number of days. If you constantly or repeatedly bump them from an area, of course they will start avoiding it. But, if you let things settle back down they will, in fact, settle back down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts