Archery Talk Forum banner

tracking unit

388 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Scottie14823
I know they have out them Neck collar tracking units for dogs for the treed hunts...

Do they happen to have any smaller Tracking units on the market?

Maybe the Conservation office could Invest in some for Tree Stand Bait stations...

Add one to a ladder stand,a loc on stand,a camera and a loc on stand.. So that if they are called about a tree stand taken.. then can Locate a bait stand in the same area along with the owner and see if it gets picked up and tracked to the theives door...

For us that have a stand within' Ear shot of our own house like my stand was only mile and a half from home.... We need a rig that we can sneak into our bait stands with a air Horn Hanging way up High in the tree...and once the tree stand Isn't Grounded to the Tree it presses the Air Horn,Fog Horn... to alarm all.. Sorta Like a car alarm.. So all in the valley hear it.. and I can head right there to watch with binoculars for movement or a guy or guys running from my area to chase down.......

Atless then If I see them I would have a FACE to Contact the cops and dec officers and Have them brought to Justice.. as they For sure was Tampering with another Property........

I can't afford no trail cam, and would hate to Not place one high anough and have it taken also...

A Silent Alarm would be nice, yet I wouldn't hear it to track them down...

and a car battery sitting on the platform with a huge Horn wired in, would alarm them before they tried to take the stand....

Cable Locs are only as good as the thieve with Ideas and tools to remove it is.... So I wonder what it will take to get NAMES listed in the Cops Theive Booklet to be confronted...

COUGHT in the act is our best Chance to change Our Property.....

Just had to vent lads, Tired of Thieves and how dang sneaky they are...

But I still Wonder if some of the Locals that I see around town aren't also AT Members that Just lurk, and Happen to see my airial Pic of my spots I want or Had added stands.. As they would have to Know the area to Head right into this off the beatin' path area.....

Best wishes
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Think I'll Email nysdec.com and see what I hear from them about a lost stand or if they have a way to help hunters place a tracking unit on their stands to keep them into the computer system...

Can't hurt to hear a run down story atless from them, why they can't do anything about it and why they don't invest some of these dang bear tracking colars into something thats someones Property .. Instead of just placing a a collar on whats a wild critter to gather info on when we all Shoot it....We could save them funds, as we have to remove bear harvest anyhow..

best wishes

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 miles may be great.. as route 36 runs straight from Dansville N.Y. to Arkport,Hornell,Canisteo,Jasper,Woodhall and threw addison N.Y. And Most Towns are small and I feel it's a local guy that took my stand and I would Like to have bait for them come next year.. and placed where it looks like a easy stand to take.. Even if the Guy that takes a easy to take stand says oh it's my first time and this and that.. It's still a Proven Point that it wasn't his Property to even take and he to will be charged at the fullest......

And of these 7 townships.. with the townships small, the tracker can drive along slow on a peddle bike even untill he gets a signal and then call the cops and have them along with him to track it to the persons Home...

best wishes and thanks for the distance info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.