Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there been to one of these tracking workshops/camps? I guess the most famous of them is the Tracker School run by Tom Brown. Tom is pretty well known for being able to stalk deer and touch them without them knowing he is even there.
Looks like there is also a primitive skills school up in Maine that is pretty well thought of. Thinking that a workshop like this could take my hunting/scouting to the next level. Anyone have any experience with these type schools?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
No experience with the schools but just bought one of Toms books on tracking last night, looks pretty interesting but I have just started reading it. If it's something you are interested in I don't think it could hurt in any way and only improve your chances on recovering deer, which is never a bad thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quick update- attended a one day tracking class at Practical Primitive (www.practicalprimitive.com). Good stuff. Of course one day is not even scratching the surface but it does make you want to learn more and opens your eyes. Eddie at PP is great and really knows his stuff... worked for Tom Brown for years before they had some sort of falling out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts