Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought the Tigershark recurve from Southwest Archery (Samick Sage reproduction that isn't licensed) at 60 lbs of draw weight. When I try to string the bow with the bowstring that came with it, I couldn't get it strung with my bow stringer. I own 2 recurves (Samick Sage at 40 lbs and Tigershark Pro at 50 lbs), both of these bows I can handle with stringing with my bow stringer and pulling them to my anchor point. The bowstring that came with the bow is 14 strands. So, I believe there are 2 possibilities happening.

First, the bowstring isn't strong enough to handle 60 lbs of draw weight.
Second, I'm not strong enough yet to handle 60 lbs.

I'm thinking it is the bow string and I will need to get bowstring that is 16 strands for draw weights 60 lbs plus. If it is me not being strong enough, I don't mind doing more workouts to increase my strength that will eventually allow me to pull the draw weight of this bow. I would appreciate any workout exercises I could do to become stronger physically. Thanks.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
If you can't get the bow strung it isn't the strings fault, it is lack of strength of the person trying to string the bow. By adding 2 more strands isn't going to make it any easier to string.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts