Archery Talk Forum banner

Traditional Archery Bow

587 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Tenpoint TL-7
I'm just getting started in traditional this year. I'm looking at a recurve that's 30# at 28" draw. Does anyone know what weight arrow I need to shoot. The arrow will be 28" with 4" feathers. Thanks for any advice. :thumbs_up
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
435 Posts
1816 should do nicely, I think. It is a place to begin. If you are just starting, plain old JAZZ is your biggest bang for the buck. Afterwards you may discover a better set up. But for starts, 1816 ought to work. My two bits worth of advice.

· Registered
1,255 Posts
First off, CONGRATULATIONS on selecting the right weight bow to learn on!!!!

IMO: The Easton charts are usually 1 spine too stiff for trad bows. A 1716 would be a better choice. And yep...I just shot very well (for me) in a tourney with Jazz arrows out of a Das Elite at the same weight as your bow. People around me giggled...until they saw my scores!

· Registered
22,135 Posts
TL-7 -

Full lenght (29") 1716s with std weight points. (1816s don't reallu come in play until about 35#)

Viper1 out.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I can't wait to fling some arrows and have some fun too. :thumbs_up I'm only shooting 10 to 15 yards for now until I start to get the hang of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.