Archery Talk Forum banner

Traditional Bow Manufacturers

593 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  MihajloSimsic
I am thinking of trading in the compound to get a traditional bow. I primarily hunt whitetail and eventually want to elk hunt. Can someone please point me to a company who currently produces traditional bows that are short, 55” or less, with a high draw weight. I don’t mind if it is a recurve, horsebow, longbow etc.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Scorpyd aculeus, 42# black hunter recurve, 47# black hunter longbow, 67# Phantom recurve
790 Posts
I am thinking of trading in the compound to get a traditional bow. I primarily hunt whitetail and eventually want to elk hunt. Can someone please point me to a company who currently produces traditional bows that are short, 55” or less, with a high draw weight. I don’t mind if it is a recurve, horsebow, longbow etc.
The Deerseeker one-piece recurve on Amazon is a great affordable option at 54". But nothing beats the Bear Kodiak like Cadguy mentioned. Plus since you're trading in your compound I'm sure you'd be able to afford it.

As for the draw weight, from one tradbow beginner to another, I wouldn't go above 35# to start. Even the experienced guys don't usually do reps above 40#. Biggest mistake I made was buying a 50# bow to start, then I dropped to 40# limbs and still had a lot of trouble but I'm finally getting decent hunting groups now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.