Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm thumbing through the new issue I notice an ad for New Balance sneakers. I have quite a few issues of this mag but I really don't recall seeing an ad of this type in there. Not that NB are bad sneakers although they are starting to make them in China now. They were one of the last sneaker companies that still made their shoes here in the states. Anyways I'm wondering if this is going to be the new wave of the future for advertisementing in TB. You know a bunch of non archery related advertisements now. I use to look forward to seeing mainly the archery related ads. I hope this isn't the start of a new era. I mean the ad wasn't even promoting a NB stealth type sneaker or anything like that, it was just selling shoes.:confused:

I know the importance of this ranks with lets say McMillan and Wife reruns but isn't anything sacred anymore?

Could it be money driven? Nah...

Just trying to liven things up a bit.

Oh well life can be a kick in the nads sometimes, so wear a cup!

Out for now

·
Registered
453 Posts
Here in Texas, sneakers are my footwear of choice for hunting during the October bow season. Too dang hot for rubber boots.:)

And New Balance is the only manufacturer I know of that offers their wares in size 15 narrow.:D

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hot

Well AP your right on the hot issue down there. 15 narrow! I guess NB is good thing for some of us odd footers. I have trouble finding 10.5 EE, NB really is the only one with a variety of sizes. Still whats next "Confession by Calvin Klein"? Don't want to see this kind of stuff in the mag.

Just havin fun

Out for now

·
Registered
453 Posts
...whats next "Confession by Calvin Klein"?
LOL! If it worked as good on bucks as it does on teenage boys, I'd slather some on. :D

I'd have to stand upwind of myself tho... ;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Advertisements

Well Ranger whats good for the goose right? Yea I'm not quite sure if Vogue or Glamour would run a "Buck in Rut or Doe in Heat" full page spread for us.

Note: there's no word spelled advertisementing that I posted in my original post. Man I have to stop thinking about JaegerMeister, being 98% sober is messing my brain cell up.

Out for now

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Sneakers?!! Seems like its been decades since anyone called them that. Used to be, there were only two styles to choose from - low top or high top.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two styles

Good morning Kitsap,
As a young surfer punk in So-Cal I remember either Converse or Keds that's all my old man would buy me, once I convinced him I could run faster and jump higher with these shoes.

On another note was there a 3d shoot at KBH today? I think the big round up is also happening at Cle Elum or the Nile also.
Well we'll catch up with you later.

Out for now

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sneakers?!! Seems like its been decades since anyone called them that.
Sneakers - the original cross training shoes! :D

I've run many a mile, jumped thousands of feet, played a lot of basketball and worn out many a pair of Converse All-Stars in my day. I'd take my least worn out shoes from the past basketball season and those would be my huntin' and fishin' shoes for that coming year.

Still have a pair of Converse in the rack too. Black high tops (anybody remember the Celtics in the 60's). Dang good stalking shoes. They don't call 'em SNEAKers for nuthin' ya know. ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
3-D Shoot at KBH?

Diver,
Don't know about the events at KBH..... truth is, I've only been there a couple of times. How do you find out about such events without being a member (some member I talked to said the dues were on the order of $86/year!!!). Web site?

A 3-D shoot sounds like fun but I've never been so I don't know what ranges I would be required to shoot at. All of my shooting has been at home where the maximum range I can manage is 40 yards. Mind you, I've been doing alot of practice at home in the 20 to 30 yard range. Mabey I should consider giving 3-D a shot...... what kind of distances are we talking about? How many arrows do you lose each time? ;)

On an historical note: It turns out that one of the things that Chief Sitting Bull really liked about our civilized ways (perhaps the only thing...) was the rubber soled shoes he could get. He told Annie Oakley (aka Sara Jane Butler) that they were more comfortable than mocasins in wet weather and they lasted alot longer. :cool:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kitsap

I was just wondering if you were into that KBH scene or not. Typically I use to get my info from NW Archery when I lived over on the mainland side. Fliers would be left at the archery shop or posted, then I would pick which shoots to go to. You don't have to be a member to shoot on the advertised events but you do pay a daily fee. As far as the distances they vary but mainly they were very realistic shots at some various game animals. And the trad guys used the markers that were closer, I think there is like three different markers one for youth, trad and wheel bows. Now mind you there are some shoots that are just trad only. I've been to only one 3d shoot on this side and that was at Port Angeles/Wapiti Bowman that was fun and good exercise. The 3d shoots I've been to were very family orientated good folks.

As far as arrows goes, maybe a couple depends on me that day.

Good history lesson, thanks.
Out for now

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey Diver! I was just looking through an old (2000) issue of TBH and I found an ad for Converse Wrestling Shoes. It seems that New Balance was just using and old idea as their own. Just thought I would let you know. Take care.
Tony

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I confess

Ok maybe back in the 70's I may have worn some wrasling shoes a time or two back in Illinois but there's no way I could wear them here in WA State. The terrain I go up and down here would eat those sneakers up!:eek: But your right Ranger I found those back issues, at least those wrasling shoes are more like a moccasin than those NB. Guess it just depends on terrain and situation and what's applicable for that area.

Out for now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts