Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's traditional alright

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lost my hat and am having a hard time replacing it, what I had was ugly, worn out looking and comfortable it was something like a camo a Jed clampett hat if you see it laying along side the road PM me. REWARD!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I lost my hat and am having a hard time replacing it, what I had was ugly, worn out looking and comfortable it was something like a camo a Jed clampett hat if you see it laying along side the road PM me. REWARD!
Hey, I have one of those,a wool one....Serious!, bought it off Ebay 5 years ago, kinda looks like realtree advantage but was made way before that. seller if I recall correctly said it was from the 50's .........the brim isn't as large as a Jed hat though and doesn't have a double sewn lip.........

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I have one of those,a wool one....Serious!, bought it off Ebay 5 years ago, kinda looks like realtree advantage but was made way before that. seller if I recall correctly said it was from the 50's .........the brim isn't as large as a Jed hat though and doesn't have a double sewn lip.........
Sounds perfect I will send you my shipping address :wink:

·
Registered
885 Posts
For early season hat I just bought a base ball style cap only shorter brim an flat top. from big jims has a bendable wire in the brim you can get alot of different shapes out of it. Also have a hat in a bag by coleman has a clip on it to attached to a d ring or something. open it up an its a fleece camo bucket hat. good for temps in high 30,s an for really cold weather a wool watch cap.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I have a short brimmed ASAT hat that I planned on wearing, but even this short brim hits my sting at full draw.....Ill prob just wear my camo stocking cap....

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Just so happens that I have a picture...and the hat is just like the one I had when the picture in the avatar was taken, circa the latter 1950’s.

Actually, I recently emailed this picture to family back in the northeast...called it "Homeland Security". Rick.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Oh, life is a lot funnier than I could ever make it. About 2 days after sending the email I received the monthly magazine from the local electrical co-op. Made me feel cosmically connected. Rick.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts