·
registered archer
3,253 Posts
i was told no he was probly right there isnt much on a recurve to make noise
put some cat whiskers on....BIG ONES:rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got them on all of my recurves and they do quiet the bow some especially when using light arrows. I put them at the end of the fadeouts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured they might help some. I've got two sets of string silencers on the string now but the rig still seems kinds loud.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Using cat whiskers, move them so they are exactly equidistant from the CENTER of your string nock. Try them closer to tips then move them in an inch and repeat shots and movement until you find the least noise. Serve, or tie them permanenetly in that place. Measure & record this distance somewhere. Mount limbsavers on the end of the fadeouts, just over "the border" onto the limbs, on the side facing you as you shoot. If you are still getting some hand shock and the riser is equipped with a stabilizer hole, add one. Worked well on an old Browning I had that had more shock value than Anna Nicole:scared:..........

·
Registered
Black Hawk Yellow Jacket.
185 Posts
Got the regular limbsavers on my recurve just beyond the fadeouts.
I couldn't tell an immediate difference. After shooting them for about a month, one day I put my spare set of limbs on that didn't have the limbsavers, and I could tell a difference in the hand shock after about an hour shooting.
I've got a sensitive left elbow, and if a bow has some handshock, it really hurts after a while. That's why I wanted to try the limbsavers. I can say they help in that area.
But I really can't tell they made my bow quieter.

hnh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts