·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks well camouflaged?

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
Out of line of sight is probably best along with a lock. But locks can be cut.
White flash is hard to hide.

Its been my experience that many people will steal anything not nailed down if they come across it in the woods.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
My guess is that it surveiled whomever it was intended to surveil but they surveiled it too. Any big lump on a tree trunk is noticeable. The bark just made the lump bigger and more noticeable.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Did the bark camo job match the tree it was attached to?
It was also placed at road entrance for surveillance so it's very possible that the thief encountered it in the dark and saw the flash which is less likely in the middle of the woods somewhere.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,402 Posts
camo is the key....funny thing so many camp their unit and not the cable/strap...OVERWHELMINGLY it is the horizontal line of a cable/strap on the vertical bark patterns that first grab my attention....lots of great camo ideas, those cams look like they'd be well hidden. I doubt the craigslist add will result in their return, but you never know...

Joe

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
camo is the key....funny thing so many camp their unit and not the cable/strap...OVERWHELMINGLY it is the horizontal line of a cable/strap on the vertical bark patterns that first grab my attention....lots of great camo ideas, those cams look like they'd be well hidden. I doubt the craigslist add will result in their return, but you never know...

Joe
I do everything I can to avoid strapping it to a tree. Straps are always a problem when trying to keep it hidden.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts