Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I was out this morning sitting in a treestand when a doe came in about 15 min before shooting light. The doe walked in front of a trail cam I had set up, When the flash went off :eek:that doe jumped about eight feet strait up, she ran about forty yards, circled back in down wind stomping her feet the whole time. She stuck around for about five minutes trying to figure out what happened, blew a couple of times, then left running. I'm going back out tomorrow to turn off the flash on all my cams.

· Registered
905 Posts
Yes never ever put the flash cameras right where you are hunting as "most" of the time you will have this very same reaction.I put alot of my cameras on scrapes,with flash cameras I will not normally get more than one or two pics ,most of the time one,of a big buck at any scrape with the flash cameras.When I put out the NO Flash cameras I will get multiple pics of the same bucks on the same scrapes.Moral of the story is....they do not like them one bit....

· Registered
918 Posts
I had a couple of flash cameras around stands I used and seen alot of different reactions by deer. More often than not it was not good so I sold all my flash cameras cheap and bought Infared. Now there is verry little to no reaction by the deer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.