Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't really used a trail camera much, have any of you noticed that the flash seems to bother the deer or other game after the camera has been there for a few days? I was kind of worried that if deer are coming to a food source and after a few days of coming out in the field and seeing that flash if it seemed to push the deer off. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You are going to get some guys say yes and some say no. Some people say you will get a big buck once, then he will move a little to avoid the area. Others guys have pic after pic of the same big bucks. I noticed that show Whitetail Freaks had an episode of a 200 inch NT buck, they had that buck on camera A LOT white flash and IR, then the guy misses him on the show. Just something I noticed.
I have the same bucks over and over on camera, nothing over 150-160 though.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
It`s not just the camera

Deer pattern you checking your camera. You disturb the area by leaving scent. It is no different than a treestand. The more you are there the less chance you have. The first time you are in a stand is your best chance.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deer pattern you checking your camera. You disturb the area by leaving scent. It is no different than a treestand. The more you are there the less chance you have. The first time you are in a stand is your best chance.
That is true, but I was wondering about what people have seemed to experience concerning the flash of the camera versus a camera without the white flash.

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
I haven't really used a trail camera much, have any of you noticed that the flash seems to bother the deer or other game after the camera has been there for a few days? I was kind of worried that if deer are coming to a food source and after a few days of coming out in the field and seeing that flash if it seemed to push the deer off. Thanks.
In my honest opinion and from my own experience, it doesn't affect the animals at all. For instance... I was sitting in my treestand when this particular picture was taken 15 yards from my treestand. It was just becoming daylight and could see the bear clearly. The flash went off as the bear walked in front of the camera and the bear was not spooked at all. He didn't even flinch. I've seen it so much and the animals haven't been spooked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts