Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Team #9
8,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow these came today Ram - Tough Tap Universal trail camera mount...they are Fantastic !!!!! you can adjust to any angle to get better and more trail camera pictures ...locks solid...you can leave the ball in tree for next year ...
made in USA .. Very well thought out design , I will never use anything else to hang trail cameras ................check them out !!!

IMG_2765.jpg
IMG_2766.jpg
IMG_2768.jpg

·
Team #9
8,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a nice sales pitch.
What do they cost ?

I use Hawk mounts. They have a quick disconnect socket adapter that is simple to use and rotate to any angle. Plus you can find them for $12-15.00 TYD.
if you are happy with them thats great !!!I have lots of experience with them too...I found mine at a Foresty Supplies in Jackson MS for $26....yeah I got the Hawk ones for $12 bucks at Menards but everywhere else they are $20 + ..Ram is Better than anything I ever seen or used ..try them I think you will agree

IMG_2772.jpg

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Most Cams do not have the 1/4 x 20 on the Back but bottom. And I doubt they would work with Camlock or Custom1 Enterprises Security Boxes as I tried others like Slate River but security boxes do not have a means to simple attach these type of mounts to a security box. And if used on public lands some States do not allow one to screw anything into a tree. I use Custom 1 Enterprises " Universal Trail Camera Angle Mounting Bracket" It is extremely heavy duty and can be strapped to a Tree and attached to both Camlock and Custom 1 Security Boxes. The Custom 1 Box is also made of hd thick metal and you can use a shackle less type lock if you need a better means to secure a cam. I also use a Python Cable Lock to try and secure the Bracket to the Tree looped through the Universal Cam Angle Mounting Bracket, And it is easy to adjust to the angle you want and it is only 19.99 each I have them on 12 Cams with Both Camlock and Custom 1 Boxes. I tried a lesser type years back and it was nothing as to heavy duty, light duty and folded over easily when strapped to a tree. Custom 1 comes with 4 flat washers, 2 5/16 bolts and and 2 Nylon Locking type Nuts.
Use what works for You but Screwing in trees is not an option in all states and the pics show it goes into the back of a Cam none of my Browning or Stealth Cams have that option. I want my cams there when I return as most are MSRP at $189.99 or more though I not paid that for any of them that much,so I use security boxes to keep honest people honest and so far have not had a cam Stolen! (just lucky I guess) but there are many options to mount a Cam to t-posts, swivel mounts, slot mounts and so on just what you are comfortable using. Again to each their own but 19.99 is less than 26.00 for each. Custom 1 and Camlock offers different Mounts...
Just Google either and you can find different types of Trail Camera Mounting Options.
LFM

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,470 Posts
On private land it is okay to kill trees, not so much on public land

·
Registered
333 Posts
Can do the same thing with 2 eye bolts for penny’s.
Yep.

Ive made my own for a couple years now. A couple eye bolts, a couple washers and a lock nut and wing nut. Maybe a buck or two $. A shot of brown spray paint. Let air out a few weeks and they're ready. Adjustable to any angle.

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts
Very easy to make and even more sturdy right at the local hardware or farm store. Cost like 10.00 -12.00 each and a parts list can be found on youtube.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I made mine with some bolts washers and a eye screw and it cost me like $2 to make it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
NAASP
14,544 Posts
Used the regular short RAM mounts on my home brews for years.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Yep.

Ive made my own for a couple years now. A couple eye bolts, a couple washers and a lock nut and wing nut. Maybe a buck or two $. A shot of brown spray paint. Let air out a few weeks and they're ready. Adjustable to any angle.
Never crossed my mind to do this. Definitly going to rig a couple of these up. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
337 Posts
Most Cams do not have the 1/4 x 20 on the Back but bottom. And I doubt they would work with Camlock or Custom1 Enterprises Security Boxes as I tried others like Slate River but security boxes do not have a means to simple attach these type of mounts to a security box. And if used on public lands some States do not allow one to screw anything into a tree. I use Custom 1 Enterprises " Universal Trail Camera Angle Mounting Bracket" It is extremely heavy duty and can be strapped to a Tree and attached to both Camlock and Custom 1 Security Boxes. The Custom 1 Box is also made of hd thick metal and you can use a shackle less type lock if you need a better means to secure a cam. I also use a Python Cable Lock to try and secure the Bracket to the Tree looped through the Universal Cam Angle Mounting Bracket, And it is easy to adjust to the angle you want and it is only 19.99 each I have them on 12 Cams with Both Camlock and Custom 1 Boxes. I tried a lesser type years back and it was nothing as to heavy duty, light duty and folded over easily when strapped to a tree. Custom 1 comes with 4 flat washers, 2 5/16 bolts and and 2 Nylon Locking type Nuts.
Use what works for You but Screwing in trees is not an option in all states and the pics show it goes into the back of a Cam none of my Browning or Stealth Cams have that option. I want my cams there when I return as most are MSRP at $189.99 or more though I not paid that for any of them that much,so I use security boxes to keep honest people honest and so far have not had a cam Stolen! (just lucky I guess) but there are many options to mount a Cam to t-posts, swivel mounts, slot mounts and so on just what you are comfortable using. Again to each their own but 19.99 is less than 26.00 for each. Custom 1 and Camlock offers different Mounts...
Just Google either and you can find different types of Trail Camera Mounting Options.
LFM
This set up works great, and holds up the heaviest lock box with no problem.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Am i the only one left who jams a stick between the camera and the tree to "fine" tune the direction the camera faces ? LOL

·
NAASP
14,544 Posts
Am i the only one left who jams a stick between the camera and the tree to "fine" tune the direction the camera faces ? LOL
No you're not.

That's why I started using RAM mounts on my home brew camera's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts