Archery Talk Forum banner

Trail Camera

744 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  njharnde
What is the best trail camera to buy for the money?
Cheepest I mean. Which one takes good day and night photos and does not cost a arm and a leg?:confused:
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
627 Posts
I don't know what an arm and a leg are worth to you but Cabela's has the Moultrie I 40 on sale for $199 and $5 shipping. I have two of the I-60's and they do a great job. The only difference is the I 60 has a viewing screen and it is so small you really can't see it anyway.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
I have two Moultrie $100 dollar cameras and they work great. I use them where deer are feeding. The trigger speed is not as fast as the more expensive cameras. You can buy these cameras from $70 to $90.

· Registered
670 Posts
I picked up the StealthCam i540IR at Gander Mountain a few weeks ago for $119. 5.0MP by day and 2 or 3MP by night. No flash, it has IR. Also takes nice video.

This is my first and only trail cam, but from what I've seen so far, I recommend it.

· Registered
563 Posts
As a general rule, you get what you pay for. Period...

The more you spend, usually, the better the camera. The better the reliability, pictures, and trigger speed. Most of the cheaper cameras are not good for trails. They may be better, I have been out of that game for a while (stocked up with better cameras). So, the newer and less expensive might be half way decent. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.