Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... post what youi have and what kind of battery life you are getting from your cameras... #'s of pics, time it is out in the woods, temp's, etc...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I have some wildview and they are lucky to get 2 weeks normally.. about 200 pics worth.

The Moultrie d-50ir is awesome. bout 2 months now on the same batteries. 600 pics or so and 2 weeks ago I put it on video wuth 1 minute interval between being triggered. About 200 videos and just as many pics since it takes a picture first for the date/time stamp before each video.

·
Live to Hunt,Hunt to Live
1,269 Posts
I have the moultrie d50s. It has been around 105 for the last couple of months in Texas. I get about 500 pics every two weeks with about 2 months of battery life.

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
I have the generic 59 dollar wildview cams....The last month they have been lasting about 14 days. I usually have anywhere from 600-900 pics by the end of a 14 day stretch, but I put it on 6 round bursts...

·
Team 32
2,524 Posts
From my two homebrew s40s with 4AA externals (6AAs total):
Cam 1: ~1000 pics put out in May '10 taken down in March '11 batteries still showed full with Energizer Ultimate Lithiums
Cam 2: ~3000 pics put out in May '10 taken down in March '11 batteries still showed half-full with Energizer Ultimate Lithiums

From my 2 homebrew s40s with 2AA externals (4AAs total):
~1500 pics lasted 3 months

From my homebrew P32 with 2AA externals (4AAs total):
~2000 pics lasted 2 months with Energizer Ultimate Lithiums

From my homebrew P52 with no externals (2AAs total):
~800 pics lasted 2 months with Energizer Ultimate Lithiums

From my homebrew P52 with 2AA externals (4AAs total):
~400 pics 2 months and going with Energizer Recharge

From my homebrew P41 with no externals (2AAs total):
~800 pics lasted 2 months with Energizer Ultimate Lithiums

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have 2 bushnell trophy cams 5mp I finally replaced batteries in 1 both have been out since Aug 2010 almost nonstop through very cold , rain heat etc you name it the one that needed replaced I would say took around 4000 - 5000 pics in this time and the other one still has two battery bars but hadnt taken as many pics I was running on 8 AA duracell (not lithium) these cameras have paid for themselves with batteries compared to what I used to have

·
Registered
711 Posts
Primos Truth Cam 46... Takes 4 D's, in the summer months I usually get 2 months battery life (thousands of pictures) and in the winter months 2 weeks of battery life...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
my bushnell trophy cam has been out since beginning of july with over 8,000 pics and still has a full battery indicator. Last year i put new batteries in it around july and used it up until March, and it still had half a battery left. I also use the lithium AA batteries in these.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
615 Posts
DLC Covert CA3.0, out for 6 weeks in the summer with four AA's, temps in the 80s, 830 pictures, still half battery life remaining.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think the AA cameras are more efficient than D's????????

·
Born yank raised south
16,757 Posts
Yes they are more cost effective and efficient than d's or c's. I have three DLC Coverts 3.0's (4aa's) got 3500, 3843, and 3346 pics on the cams in two weeks and the batteries were gone. I have taken over 55,000 pics on my Scoutguard 550 and am on the third set of 8 AA's in it. My LeafRiver takes d's and c's and I get about 1500 pics out a set of batteries on it. I set my cameras that have the capability for three pic bursts and 12 seconds between triggerings on high sensitivity.

·
Team 32
2,524 Posts
I do. If you read up, alkaline batteries and digital cameras just don't work well together. A high quality rechargeable or Lithium battery tends to work a lot better than regular alkalines. Not only that it's a lot easier to carry a pocket full of AAs than a pocket full of Cs or Ds. The AA cams are also a lot smaller.

If you run a lot of cameras and check them frequently, high quality rechargeables are the way to go. If you leave them for long sets or don't feel like changing batteries every time out I would recommend Sanyo Eneloops or Powerex Imedeons.

If you're interested in a Home brew camera let me know and I may be able to hook you up if you want to try something non commercial.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Reconyx HC500
Been out since Jan. '11 probably taken close to 4000 pics, batteries still going strong. Just running cheap alkaline battries in it. Will have to change Battries by the end of the month if I keep getting as many pics as I am.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you're interested in a Home brew camera let me know and I may be able to hook you up if you want to try something non commercial.
OK... I'm curious.... can you send me a list of what you offer???

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i got some DLC covert extremes out... had them out 4 months. with about 600 pics every week. give or take a hundred.. but thats about the average. and the battery life is at half, and the summer was fairly warm.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Scoutguard 550 out year round in cold and heat.......makes no difference, thousands of pics and last for well over 6 months with cheap AA batteries. Very pleased

Primos Truthcam 46.....last several hundred pics or month or so in warm weather. Cold temps 2 weeks at best. Terrible

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I have a Primos Truth Cam. In warmer temps I can get about a month out of it. In cold temps, one week max. It takes 4 D batteries.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im going on my second full season on one set of batteries with my bushnell trophy cam 5MP. I use the more expensive energizer lithium ion batteries and i still have full charge on them. I ve also gotten well over 1000 pics. Awesome camera...best on the market in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts