Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I ask let me say that I have searched over almost all the threads and have read a lot of different reviews about cameras on that trail camera review site. I'm no better off now than when I started. Whenever I find a camera with 50 good reviews today there will be 50 bad reviews tomorrow. It's maddening! OK, enough of the ranting.

I have finally given up on my 1 year old POS trail camera. It has NEVER worked like it should and I'm sick of it. Now I'm in the market for a new one.

Like everybody else I want the best I can afford which is between $75-$125. I don't need all the bells and whistles. Flash or IR makes no difference. Lower MP doesn't matter either. I would however like one with good trigger speed, battery life( longer than 1 week) and good pics. In my price range I have read about Primos, Moultrie, Wild Game, Bushnell, blah,blah, blah...

If you own one in my price range, what do you have and are you happy with it?

Thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
my brother has the Primos Truth Cam and its pretty awesome. it has IR and last dang near the whole hunting season last year. pics are pretty good too. i wouldnt hesitate to buy one. not sure on the price

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,677 Posts
If you have to stay in that price range - I would highly recommend the Moultire M80 - or M80x - the significant difference bwteen the two is the camo (who cares - camo it yourslef with LN it looks better anyway :wink:)

This is the best guarenteed deal that I know of from a good, reputable U.S. seller with fast and FREE shipping...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOULTRIE-FE...748?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf9960814

Hope this helps...

Joe

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've looked at the Primos 35 and M80 more than a few times. They seem to have less complaints than some of the others.

12-Ringer- he does have a good price. Thanks

Anybody else?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Some other good sellers on my end with no complaints would be the Covert IR CA3.0 @119.99 White Flash would be the Covert Reveal @ 119.99

Joe
BBO

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
houser I own 6 M-80's and have used them for a couple months now and love them!! In my opinion you cant beat them for the money. Heck I dont think you could find a better cam if you spent $250.00. Below is a link to the trail cam pics I posted yesterday. Every pic except for the very last pic of the thread are from M-80's. The only dislike I have with them is that the sensor is so good that they take a pic every time my feeder goes off. Pike
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1572981&p=1061851041#post1061851041

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
In that price range I would go with the M80 or the Covert.

Blessings......Pastorjim

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The M80 looks promising, especially for $99 at Scheels. ( Thanks for the heads up JimKLH )

How's the battery life on the M80s? The time lapse feature on it sounds interesting.

·
Born yank raised south
16,721 Posts
Some other good sellers on my end with no complaints would be the Covert IR CA3.0 @119.99 White Flash would be the Covert Reveal @ 119.99

Joe
BBO
The coverts 3.0 takes great pictures and uses 4 aa's. It is a breeze to set up and is very small to boot. I have three of them along with a Leaf River IR-5 and Scoutguard 550. The Covert is better than than the Leaf River and very comparable to the ScoutGuard its just has less battery life and resolution.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait a minute. I just did a search and read a bunch about the Covert 3.0. This one sounds too good to be true. I didn't find any bad reports about it. Good pics, great battery life, simple, small and within my price range. Hummm...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update- First of all thanks to everybody who replied to this thread. It came down to the M80, Primos 35 or the Covert 3.0 and after looking at all the excellent Covert reviews on here and reviews from other sites I ordered the Covert 3.0 from AT member, HuntingUSA. He's a heck of a nice guy to deal with too. Check him out if you need something.

·
Registered
57 Posts
X2...I did the same houser52. I ordered from him on a Friday and had the camera delivered on the following Monday. I set the camera up two weeks ago tomorrow and wil be going up to see what it has captured...will let you know.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
X2...I did the same houser52. I ordered from him on a Friday and had the camera delivered on the following Monday. I set the camera up two weeks ago tomorrow and wil be going up to see what it has captured...will let you know.
That's good to hear. I sure hope you post your pics whenever you get them. I want to see them. I'm excited about getting mine and can't wait.

The Bushnell Sentry I have now REALLY SUCKS. It might work this minute and not the next minute. Fresh Dura Cell batteries every week and empty pics if I even have any. I have put up with that crap long enough and I won't do that again. Ugh! Lol.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Congrads!! Covert is one of the cams I have never owned so I dont know much about them other than they were the same cam as the Scoutguard a few years ago. Let us know how you like it!! And dont forget to post pics! Pike

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. I will certainly post some pics. I've been putting out rock salt and it's been getting gone so something's eating it. Hope they smile for the camera.;)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Posting to see a review and pics later. I have two trophy cams that I like better then all the old battery eating Moultries I had. Plus they performed way better then the older cams. Now I am wanting more cams so I also am between picking up 2 more cams of either the primos 35 or M80 or Covert 3.0. The stories of how hard it is to get customer service from Moultrie is true as I had to return a old D40 one time, I got a new one but it took months to get a hold of them and longer to get the new one back, so that scares me.

Can't wait to see pics and a review from the Covert!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Anyone got any pics from the covert 3 or the Primos 35 recently?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts