Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I had slot of luck placing trail cameras over scrapes. But I didn't put them out until the second week of October. My question is do you think it would be a Bette move to put the cameras out now over well known scrapes, and letting them go til mid October when I plan on hunting them. This way when I climb in stand I can see what I'm possibly working with. Also do u think I should freshin up these scrapes or let them be? Thanks

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ttt

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i cant help yea out on that, but i did it for the first tiem last year and it was pretty cool, put my cam on video mode.

i will try and help here, what if ya waited to put them out till you start seeing scrapes and then go from there? idk...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I always put a camera over a scrape the first week of Sept that I make myself. I made 3 scrapes around my stand 2 weeks ago and put some Buck Fever Synthetic spray in it and on the branch and they already started to hit it.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ttt

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I put all my cameras out over scrapes as soon as i find them and i hunt in an 11 acre field.and its amazing at how many bucks that check out the scrapes. I seen several bucks that used the scrapes during the season. Its a great way to see whats out there i actually put one.of my cameras up in the licking branch man that was a neat angle search for "check these out" thats my post that shows the cam.in the licking branch. Mock scrapes are awesome too. I use them all year long

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Activity at my mock picked up about oct 22nd last year. Place a dripper with buck or doe urine. Check it and re work it every week or so until late October, then bump up your game. Im putting a IR on my mock this year. Flash spooked them a lil

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
I use mine on mock scrapes in late Oct. and Nov. with real good success. But I would think that you could start now. They use the licking branches pretty much year round if you find the right branch/scrape.

·
Banned
19,441 Posts
I use both still and video cams on scrapes. I will set a cam on a scrape as soon as they start popping up. The best ones I've found are the scrapes they use year after year, they seem to attract the most bucks. You can learn a lot about deer behavior using cams at scrapes...

·
Mark
5,458 Posts
cool videos thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ttt

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I made a mock scrape a couple years ago that the deer took over and kept it going. I've now had a cam out over it for an entire year and I have had action all year long. It's the licking branch that gets the most use until October comes along then the scrape gets hit good. I've got a good record on bucks now from that spot.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Steve,

Cool videos and pics. Just curious what the super bright flash is from? You have a seperate flash mounted up on the tree?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts