Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
looks like you have a dandy spot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a 110" 8 point out there at 7 yards, but there is a lot nicer deer in that area. I have been hunting that spot out of my DB Matrix.

Super 91 said:
Time to hang a stand if you haven't already!! Nice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is just basically long grass (CRP) with some small willow saplings. It is just a opening between a bunch of willow thickets and poplars. Great area to place a ground blind for the lack of large trees for a stand!!

savedbygrace said:
What kind of field is that they are in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,893 Posts
CHAMPION2 said:
It is just basically long grass (CRP) with some small willow saplings. It is just a opening between a bunch of willow thickets and poplars. Great area to place a ground blind for the lack of large trees for a stand!!
Are they just passing through the field or are they eating as they go through it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
Let me know when you find that booner, I am only about 8 hours away:wink: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are just browsing and passing thru all thou they seem to move all day in the cover of the willows. They are actually feeding in a sunflower field and are heading back to their bedding area.

savedbygrace said:
Are they just passing through the field or are they eating as they go through it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never seen a booner in this spot, but it is possible. Seen a few that would be in 160" range over the years thou.

mjacobs576jq said:
Let me know when you find that booner, I am only about 8 hours away:wink: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
Hey, a 160" 'er would be well worth the 17 hour round trip drive...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree! It has been a great spot over the years. It would be worth a 17 hr trip to your neck of the woods as well.

mjacobs576jq said:
Hey, a 160" 'er would be well worth the 17 hour round trip drive...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is the real deal. My next partner. A good looking 2.5 year old!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
CHAMPION2 said:
I agree! It has been a great spot over the years. It would be worth a 17 hr trip to your neck of the woods as well.

Ehh, all I have is a few year and halfs running around nothing too impressive :wink:
 

·
registered archer
Joined
·
3,251 Posts
nice pics, by the way nothing like posting on a.t. while in school
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I may just have to come and check it out for myself to make sure your not pulling my leg!:wink:

mjacobs576jq said:
Ehh, all I have is a few year and halfs running around nothing too impressive :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
Pull your leg? Who me?:biggrin1: Last I heard there were only a few whitetails left in Wisconsin....
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top