Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any luck with any of these? Just started reading about these and they sound pretty nice, a little unsure exactly how they work but the idea sounds great....less human scent around the area you hunt, but are they worth it?

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I've been researching myself and think that the Ltl Acorn 6210 is a good option...anyone use it?

·
Excellence is tolerated.
2,994 Posts
Go with the 2013 Covert. An excellent camera.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently run a covert and love it. Was thinking about buying their cam that can text pics, not sure if it is worth the price jump.....

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
I want a trail cam that shoots deer for me. That would make my job of hunting so much easier.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
It doesn't appear that the Coverts have cell coverage that sends you pics unless I am missing something?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Cost is about $25 a month to get a texting package from AT&T. That's unlimited I think they have smaller packages for cheaper but there is a limit on how many pics can be sent. Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the LTL Acorn 5210. Its on its 3rd year in the woods , sending pics to my phone.

I really didn't expect it to last this long. It is great to get real time pictures all the time, especially because my farm is 4 hours away.

A couple things: You need to have good cell coverage, by good I mean at least 3-4 bars. Low signal and your just asking for problems.

It will eat batteries, especially when cold, you might get 700 sent before the batteries go.

You have to keep the delay fairly high, I keep mine at 3 minutes, any less and it starts having problems.

I have a ATT go phone sim card in the phone. 19.99 a month for unlimited text. Just program your email or number. I have mine emailed.

I don't know much about the Coverts, I would think they should have improved battery life.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I think that the 6210 has more batteries, and I think you can put a solar charger on it...thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
We have had great luck selling the coverts. You can pm me for our in store specials.

·
Registered
17,324 Posts
I thought about this idea, but that came to an end fast when one of my 100 dollar cams got stolen.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts