Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that is the correct number. it is a curiosity scent. I used this a few times last year, and I believe I had luck with it, but I am not sure. I put it on a pad and walked up a small draw and had a doe mosey through before dark paralleling the trail I took. I misjudged her and missed her at 25 then at 40 yds (the 40 yd shot was true until that darn treelimb jumped out and deflected my arrow just over her back) anyway, has anyone had results like it claims on the bottle??

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
A buddy said he had a buck down wind of him and he took the bottle out and dropped a few drops on the leaves by him. He said in a few minutes the buck ran right back over towards him but stopped behind some brush. He's a beleiver in it!
I thought it had a peppermint smell myself.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Boy I have to tell you, it doesn't smell good to me like Bo Bob said a peppermint or some kind of smell that simply doesn't smell natural to me. I did not have any luck with it when I tried it a while back.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
bornagain said:
Boy I have to tell you, it doesn't smell good to me like Bo Bob said a peppermint or some kind of smell that simply doesn't smell natural to me. I did not have any luck with it when I tried it a while back.
Well I didn't exactly mean that it smelt good to me. Sorry for the misleading statement. It would infact make permanent marker come off my bottles I had it in!!:eek:

Love your name on AT man.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
The stuff does indeed have a licorice kinda smell to it. I've used it for three years now. In a couple of weeks I'll start out with Trail's End in my scrape drippers. My scrapes get hit pretty regularly when I use it. I don't use it on boot pads or hanging wicks though.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
souwest_ghillie said:
The stuff does indeed have a licorice kinda smell to it. I've used it for three years now. In a couple of weeks I'll start out with Trail's End in my scrape drippers. My scrapes get hit pretty regularly when I use it. I don't use it on boot pads or hanging wicks though.
That's the smell I meant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
The Impartial Archer
18,246 Posts
Yeah...but it didn't taste nothin' like licorice.:pukey:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Trails End

Right Time - Right Place, that scent works very well. Pre-Rut seems the best to me. Never worked at any other time of year. Depends if the local herd associates it with humans yet or not.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
deadquiet said:
Yeah...but it didn't taste nothin' like licorice.:pukey:
:spit:
Good one!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wonder if this stuff works better in other regions. I tried it a couple of times. The first time I had a decent 4 X 4 walking down the trail in front of me. He hit the Trails End 307 scent and did an imediate about face and, literally, ran back the direction he came from. No, the deer did not wind me. I thought it was a fluke so I tried it again in another spot with similar results. I have had great luck with Wildlife Research - Buck Lure Supreme, however. This stuff seems to attract and hold their attention much better. Maybe I just had a bad batch of 307, but some friends of mine said they didn't like it either..

·
Registered
70 Posts
could work..

Its pretty cheap and I have had enough positive experiences with it to be more than coincidence. I am going to put it in a dripper and throw a trail camera on it this weekend.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
i know this thread is kinda dead, but i couldnt resist commenting.

My dad has used trails end #307 for years and tinks 69. He believes they are ona equal level.

I have yet to use tinks myself, but i have used the trails end 307 for years. im a beleiver in it.

One evening in a field i was setting with my back to a tree about 4 years ago when i was still really inexperianced hunting. Just before dark the nice 6 point (the nicest buck i have yet to see) Came out of the wood line,,, he must have caught the scent, walked right to one of the trees i have a scent wick with 307 on it. I didnt have my rifle in hand and i was slowly reaching for it. The deer HAD to have seen me... he looked right at me 3 or 4 times, he was only 70 yards or so away. but he kept going for the scent. I stuck his nose up in the air at it, (it was above his head). I thought he was gonna get on his hind legs to sniff it! but then walked off, and stupid me didnt get the shot off in time, but totally my fault.

I am a firm beleiver in this scent. And will use it for a long time to come.

Last year i decided to use one of those cheaper ?code blue? bottles, and had no luck at all...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts