Archery Talk Forum banner

train to hunt

2434 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  dustyvarmint
starting feb. 15th, 2011 there is going to be a website called Train To Hunt that will post a free daily workout for hunters alike. There will be numerous training videos available so you don't have to read how to train, you can watch how to train. Any ideas on topics that you might like to see get addressed?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
performance nutrition is a huge topic, tips on how to grocery shop, how to prepare meals for the week, how to balance meals that foster top notch workout performance. how and what to pack for the backcountry, i totally agree

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, I for one could use something like this. After deer season I pretty much hibernate for the winter and really don't get a lot of exercise in my daily routine. I am usually in a car driving or sitting in front of a computer for work. My burst of activity before season, scouting setting stands and such really brings on some aches and pains. Also some info on nutrition for the hunting season would be great. I know my diet suffers when I am hunting and I kind of make do as hunting permits. What to eat for cold weather hunting to fuel your body to keep warm. Will be checking this site out when it's up and running.

· Registered
594 Posts
Exercises for women to specifically build upper body strength & stuff to do @ home for those that can't afford the gym. Sounds awesome though.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exercises for the women out there is a great concept. The traintohunt.com team has a woman archer onboard with a background in exercise science and she was a former collegiate athlete. Her contributions will appeal to all the huntresses out there. The core, injury prevention, etc. ... great ideas, any more?

· Registered
1,808 Posts
how about a topic on how to split cardio with weights...? I love both and I run 5 miles daily just before doing my weight lifting routine. I come home really burned out, but love the effects on my body. If I were to split up the running and lifting would I still get the same benefits? I guess what Im looking for is a cardio-weight set routine if that makes sense....?

· Registered
1,001 Posts
how about a topic on how to split cardio with weights...? I love both and I run 5 miles daily just before doing my weight lifting routine. I come home really burned out, but love the effects on my body. If I were to split up the running and lifting would I still get the same benefits? I guess what Im looking for is a cardio-weight set routine if that makes sense....?
What you're looking for is metabolic conditioning, which is a large part of what CrossFit is. Check out www.crossfit.com

You'll get plenty of cardio training without having to run at all. I haven't ran over a 5K for the past 7 months, but I garuntee you I could go out right now and run a sub 20 minute 5K on your typical road course.

· Registered
10,204 Posts
might take a look at this thread. It has been working pretty well for me.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1401365

· Registered
1,080 Posts
Anytime a workout is given, whether body-weight or with weights it is nice to know a starting weight point (based on body-comp) and a recommended number of reps. So many workouts in magazines are a waste of time as they are too vague...

happy hunting, dv

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.