Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have ordered some broadheads and I am wondering what I could use to train on? A few thoughts come in mind here, but they are not suitable for publishing on a forum, I'm afraid.....:zip:

I am afraid to ruin my expensive foam trainingspack and the same for my 3D animals...

Any suggestions????

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Flying:

Considering that you will likely practice with broadheads more than once, make your own portable backstop. It can be done easily and cheaply....maybe not so cheap in the Netherlands. :)

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
I use Ethafoam.

''A low-density plastic foam made by expanding polyethylene approximately 30 times in volume. Excellent chemical resistant and energy absorption under impact, low water absorption and water-vapour transission, good insulation value, no odour, easily fabricated. Available in densities shapes such as planks, sheets and rounds. Ethafoam is a true cushioning medium, able to sustain its resilience under repeated impact''.

Layered it up into 12'' (300mm) thick blocks and taped together.
The broadheads exit out the back, enabling them to be unscrewed to pull the arrows back out.
It is 'self healing' up to a point.
Mine has lasted for many shots so far and still have plenty of life left in them.
It is relatively inexpensive compared to 3D and layered foam targets.

Kev

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kev,

I also use ethafoam 330 or 400. It lasts very long indeed. However it is very expensive down here and I was afraid of ruin it with broadheads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts