Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a trap door rest from a fellow AT'er here, and am having problems setting it up. Does anyone know of a pdf or anyone who can scan in the instructions to the rest and let me look at them. I have the mach 4 version. any help would be great, the website doesn't work, and I have done endless searches, only to come up with endless site's that want to sell me another rest, but I don't need another one, just want to know how to set up and adjust this one. Thanks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I don't have the instructions but I may be of some help. Which model is it? is it the micro? Any pics you could take may be helpful also. I have 2 trap door rests that I have used and love them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is the mach 4. There is a set of pictures on here, the thread is: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1010655

I think the gold dial is supposed to set the sensitivity, but it is so hard to move, I am not sure. I have it about in tune now, just need to know how to get the drop sensitivty and then how to make the final tune on it. How do I know when it is droping properly, and on time? any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
729 Posts
there is a little notch in the brass dial on the side. take a pair of pliers and rotate the notch to three and you are ready to hunt.

·
Registered
573 Posts
There is a sensitivity set screw located below the up/down adjustment bolt. Hold the bow facing you and you'll see it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Here is my best at showing you where. I put a red X on the screw so you know that's not the one I'm trying to point to.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I love this rest. Been using one since they came out. Why did they have to quit making it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Special thanks to Sunsetomaha for faxing and then emailing me the instructions. Above and beyond, Very thankfull. Great guy, and thanks to everyone else for thier help as well. Everyone was great. I think I got it figured out now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for everyone posting. I have since gotten a few messages wanting me to email them the instructions I got. I have a copy from sunsetomaha, and a set that I got 3 days later from the manufacturer. I am posting it here and closing the trhead, this way if anyone needs the instructions, they are welcome to get them here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
strange, I have closed a bunch of threads, but under thread tools, the option to close isn't there. Any admin that sees this, if you could close the thread, I would appriciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I do know that montana gold stopped making the trap door because the rest falls when it senses vibration. This worked on older bows but the newer bows produce much less vibration and the rest would not fall 100% of the time. This would be a serious problem.

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
I do know that montana gold stopped making the trap door because the rest falls when it senses vibration. This worked on older bows but the newer bows produce much less vibration and the rest would not fall 100% of the time. This would be a serious problem.
Yep, and then sometimes it would just fall for no reason. They were very unreliable. They had to replace mine twice in a 1 year span so that was enough for me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know a guy that has shot with one now for 5 years, and he swears by it. I have noticed that with it dialed in properly, that I need to be very concious of the draw, as when it is about to hit the wall, if I don't slow down, it will sometimes drop. but I can't complain for 35 dollars shipped to me. It works very well at the moment, and I have seen my groups go from 2.5-3 inch down to an inch to an inch and a half group. So if it fails, I will know not to go back to my whisker bisquit, but insteat to look at another fall away rest, probably the trophyridge fall away, as I have heard nothing but gold about them. Thanks everyone for responding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts