Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else but if I don't have a list of things I need to do/pack, I'll forget something. I started looking around for a packing list on the web and had minor success. I was wandering if anyone has a link to a bowhunting packing list or has made one of there own.

Anyone in the same boat,

Forgetful:(

·
Registered
834 Posts
KSlivin said:
I don't know about everyone else but if I don't have a list of things I need to do/pack, I'll forget something. I started looking around for a packing list on the web and had minor success. I was wandering if anyone has a link to a bowhunting packing list or has made one of there own.

Anyone in the same boat,

Forgetful:(

Not trying to be Mr. smartie pants, but Why don't you make your own list??? I do every year. and it also changes every year

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zwbonner said:
Not trying to be Mr. smartie pants, but Why don't you make your own list??? I do every year. and it also changes every year
I have made my own but I wanted to make sure I haven't forgot anything.

Mr. Not-so-smartie pants:)

·
Registered
834 Posts
KSlivin said:
I have made my own but I wanted to make sure I haven't forgot anything.

Mr. Not-so-smartie pants:)

oh..i gotcha...my bad...

well what is on your list and we can go over it

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have two that I use.

One for semi-local hunts (within 2 hours) and one for any trips like outfitted hunts. Just check everything off.

Local hunts near the house need nothing but the bare minimum.

Another thing - since I have stuff scattered all over the place at home, I also annotate exactly where the item or items are stored so I'm not searching for something on the list. I do the lists on the computer so I can "revise" when I need to.

Murphy's Law is always in play here. If you don't take it, you WILL need it.

Over the years, the lists have been trimmed down as I try to "minimize" what I take with me.

The best thing I ever did was to keep all my small things for repairs in a big fishing tackle box that turned into my bowhunting tackle box. Murphy's Law says that on any given "trip", anything that you or a hunting partner may need that would require a pro-shop to fix, you should have with you because the nearest pro-shop will either be three or more hours away (and they will not be open because "they" are hunting as well!) or in the next province or state.

Of course, if you fly somewhere to hunt, check with the outfitter. They probably have a recommended checklist. But check with them concerning how they would handle emergency repairs. The best things (and small enough) to take on a trip would be a portable bow press and the left-over cables and string (with peep, kisser, loop, etc) from the last time you had them changed. Or just take a spare bow. The portable bow press and string/cables are just a lot lighter in case you have severe weight restrictions if flying into a remote area on a bush plane.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seems like everything of mine is in totes, one for hot weather and one for cold weather. Then another for gear. I am an orginazation freak and cant stand it unless I know I can just grab and go.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Good thing I looked at that Cabela's list I just got through loading my vehicle to set up camp tomorrow and had forgot my "performance underwear".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts