Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you have proper shooting form using a Tree Saddle? I,m thinking about getting one becasue of theweight ect. All of the companies pics show the archer upright and shooting down. But what about other positions? I cant see how you can have a good form in them. If you own one please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
622 Posts
I purchased one this year and so far I enjoy it. Maneuvering for a shot is easy and silent. The Tree Saddle enables a very stable shooting position and it is as safe as I have ever felt while in a tree. I posted a review a couple of weeks ago, do a search on "Tree Saddle review".

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i read the review and thanks for doing so. I"m really tired of carring all that metal on my back year after year. It seems like you will be shooting leaning away from the tree at an angle and Im not sure how that will affect accuracy

·
Banned
910 Posts
?? there was a tree sling(very simular to this product). Are you seriously going to hunt out of this thing?Your gonna sit up in this thing for 4 hours? You gonna be able to stay still in it? what are you gonna do with your bow , you gonna hold it for 4 hours? I got 2 words for you. Summit climber.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have a summit bush master, and a loggy hang on lite, and a tree lounge, and an old amacker hang on. Im tired of carring about 20 pounds of metal on my back, plus bow and gear in and out all the time as i dont hunt private land during archery season. And Moose I am sure the old timers asked the same questions you did when treestands first came out. I sent a p, to a tree saddle owners asking about hanging your bow and i am awaiting his answer

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I usually stay up ther more than 4 hours unless i kill something. Well let me start by saying the amacker is old and ageeting rusty so i dont use it. THe hang on lite is the best choice for packing in and out it weighs 6 lbs and the API stick weigh 6lbs but it is fised position and going up and down setting up and taking down is getting tireing. But I set it up on my buddies property but his family/club does not allow archery hunting. The tree lounge is the most comfortable (I even fell asleep in it once but is a bear to pack at 30 lbs. The summit is nice and comfy and easy to set up and go up and down in and if i dont get the saddle i will be using that when the leaves come off the trees

·
Registered
622 Posts
I was in the same position. I did not want to carry a heavy, cumbersome stand on my back along with all my other gear. Before I got the Tree Saddle I was sceptical of its comfort but I have found it just as comfortable as my other conventional stands. The seat acts like a hammock.

Packing it is a dream. Every thing I need including the Saddle fits in my daypack. It also is more versitle, going in trees that conventional stands cannot. I don't think I will be hunting out of my Summit, API, Or Loggy stands anytime soon. Alot of you guys knocking the Saddle don't know what you are missing. Thats okay though, I have the advantage now.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
In hunting situations there is almost no time to get into really good shooting form. If I was to get one I would pratice out of it and get used to doing so. I think it will work fine once you are comfortable shooting out of it. Good luck.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to the replies. It is great to have a fourm like this to get feedback from archers that you normally would not her from

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Moose mustard said:
?? there was a tree sling(very simular to this product). Are you seriously going to hunt out of this thing?Your gonna sit up in this thing for 4 hours? You gonna be able to stay still in it? what are you gonna do with your bow , you gonna hold it for 4 hours? I got 2 words for you. Summit climber.
Obviously, you know nothing about what was asked.

Yes it is comfy as heck. Yes you can have proper form.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts