Archery Talk Forum banner

tree saddle?

519 7
who uses them and how do you all get the most stable position?

and harvest pics if you have them
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
2,123 Posts
I have seen quite a few threads about the Tree Saddle and have some input on this type of hunting stand.I dont have a Saddle but I have been useing a product for over 20 years that is the same concept.It was made by Hunters Products(out of bussiness now)and was called "The Ultimate".The main difference between mine and the Saddle is mine has a climbing block on a rope and you actually climb the tree while sitting on the seat.The only draw back is you first have to climb the tree to get your rope up over a branch.Anyway,back to the topic.This type of stand is the most versatile I have ever used.It takes some getting used to but in a short time,if you give it a chance,you may not go back to a conventional climber.The trick is you must have at least one foot or both feet on a branch(or tree step).You cant just be hanging in mid air.I think alot of people dont try them because they think it is hard to shoot accurately from a hanging position but I can tell you from experience that you can in fact after 20 + years of useing it,I believe I shoot from it better than from a conventional stand.The biggest advantage to me is that you can swivel around the tree for a shot in almost every direction which also comes in handy if you need to conceal yourself from a deer that you do not intend to shoot.You wont know if you like it till you try it but if you give it a chance and stick with it,I think it may become your favorite stand.I wouldnt sell my set up for any money.I like it that much.

· Registered
451 Posts
\how do you all get the most stable position?
I hunted out of the saddle a few days ago. I'm starting to get used to it, I got up higher than I normally would hunt out of a tree stand and had no problems with the heights. What is cool about the saddle is you don't need to be stable. I sit in a very neutral position with my knees resting on the tree for the most part. One thing I would recommend is watching the video several times and trying it out several times at the base of a tree. This way you will know how it works so you can be relaxed when you get up in a tree. I'm very excited to be hunting out of the saddle this year.

· aim small...miss small...
1,303 Posts
I've hunted out of mine a few times so far this year. Hung in a couple different trees in an area where you couldnt find a tree to use a climber in. I'm most comfortable straddling the tree between my legs...may need to adjust the fellas once in a while but it's quite comfy. I like being able to swing around the tree for different shots but I found that if you're in a leaning tree it's very difficult to swing around. It's a little awkward shooting out of at first but with a little practice you get it down. I can shoot just as good in it as on the ground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.