Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a hang on tree stand for a big guy ? My Summit climber is rated for 350lbs but all the hang on stands that I have seen are only rated for 300lbs. I would really like to try one if it is available. Thanks guys.....Rick

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody ?.............I cant think of a single place that has more knowledge of topics like this than here.......Rick

·
Registered
438 Posts
Did you take a look at some Gorrila Stands? They are pretty tuff and comfortable.

·
74,535 Posts
Im over 300lbs

I have used the Loc On stands for years and actually alot of other brands.

Loc On brands are diffiantly solid stands and good choice.

Summit stands seem very rock solid as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm a big guy myself, 6" 1' and 330lbs. I had the same issue and then I found the Brutus treestands. I bought 3 of the DLX's and they're incredible. The issue is the company has quit making them. If you can find them they're the ticket. If you find one and don't want it PM me and I'll get it for myself.:wink:

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,717 Posts
timbertall makes a big guy treestand (the "super brute" i think), i was going to buy it until i saw the price ($400) so im going with the lone wolf sit and climb climber

·
Don't Blink!
3,140 Posts
Chippewa Wedge-Loc Brutus Maximus

Rick...check out the Chippewa Wedge-Lok Brutus Maximus. Rock solid & quiet treestand, huge platform, EASY to hang with their rigging harnesses, and 475lb weight limit. I just sold mine to DarrinM here on AT; I opted to keep my LW Alpha. Recommend that you get the clamp-on footrest; really helps keep you more comfortable and you add brush to it. Also suggest you get some extra rigging harnesses (chain or strap) to allow mobility.

http://www.chippewawedgeloc.com/html/brutusmax.html

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys......i've emailed Chippewa for a price list. Any more suggestions ?....Rick

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
BOHTR said:
Does anyone make a hang on tree stand for a big guy ? My Summit climber is rated for 350lbs but all the hang on stands that I have seen are only rated for 300lbs. I would really like to try one if it is available. Thanks guys.....Rick
I'd definately go with a summit or gorilla. I've used both for years and they seem under rated . Probably a safety net for the manufacturer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts