Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my last trip to South Africa (last week) I told to my outfitter/farm owner that I would send him a portable hang-on tree-stand. At the moment they have large non-portable ladder "stands" or platforms, but none portable hang-on model. While still-hunting on the farm I found some real good spots to set up some hang-on tree-stands, with good trees close to heavily used trails or crossing paths, or some clearing with middens.
I am asking this to my fellow south-african ATers: which model or brand would you recommend to fit the south african trees? What do you think of locally made tree-stands, like the ones from Beyfox? Are there any other south-african made tree-stands?
Most trees there are not perfectly straight, and I was thinking that maybe models with some leveling device would be a better choice?
Also, what climbing method would you suggest? I was thinking about climbing sticks/ladder rather than screw-in tree-steps. What do you think?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I make a portable tree stand for South African conditions, and use the American screw in tree steps. You can email me at [email protected]
Our web site is tingela.com we had 35 bowhunters this season.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi snow panther,

can you give us more informations on your hunting trip ? !.

Bon la chasse à pas du être fructueuse cette fois ! pas de photos ou, t 'as pas eu le temps de les poster !. :cam:

see you soon !

a plus Vince ! :wink:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lynx!
Well, my last trip was not that bad at all, he he he :wink:
I had a goal and I achieved it. But it was a long story ...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seb you can check it out there: Sticky: 2006/2007 Bowhunting Success....Picture Thread ONLY(Merged)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts