Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I haven't been doing this long but a freind and brother both tell me it is better to be in a stand. I sat in a stand last year and sat on the ground both. I saw just as many deer both ways. I think alot of it has to do with how many people hunt that area. What makes the deer comfortable and what spooks him. just my $0.02 hope it helps

·
Registered
893 Posts
Tree stand

I hunt from ladder stands anywhere from 10 to 15 feet with leaf foliage camo. my neighbor likes to be Tarzan in the tree tops -25 feet and higher.I see and kill Deer every year. Sometimes I give him Deer meat,when he does not score.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i am more comfortable on the ground but i do have a ladder stand that is 12ft
it sits in a area with hemlock so i stay camo. so as not to siloet myself against the sky line..

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I prefer cover.. whether it's high or low. Don't like being skylined on a telephone pole type tree.. esp after the leaves fall. Deer can pick out movement very far away.. and cover will help mask your movement.

We try to hang our stands on trees w/ small Beeches near by.. since the Beeches hold their leaves much longer. If I must be skylined.. I want the tree to be as large as possible to help hide my sillouette.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts