Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go about 280 these days and with gear and fully dressed. I'm guessing 290.
I am looking for a climbing stand.

My question is 2 fold. Most trees stands I see rate at 300lbs. Am I safe in one of these?

Secondly, who makes a decent, affordable climbing stand that rates 350 lbs?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
559 Posts
As a man of girth (6'1", 270) I have no problem in my Summit Bushwhacker.

I still need to drop 50 lbs, though.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
RiversEdge makes a big boy stand. It is a ladder stand, that has a wider seating platform and a strengthened ladder. I bought the regular one that was rated for 300lbs so I know this is rated higher. Take a look at there website. They run about $179.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Treestand manufacturers rate their stands somewhat below what it can actually hold for insurance/lawsuit reasons. A stand rated at 300 lbs., could probably hold about 400 - 450 lbs or so safely. I wouldn't try to haul up that much weight in gear to test it out though.

Just make sure you don't jump up and down doing a dance after you shoot that Poper this year. :wink:

JP

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
last year i was 6'3" 320 lbs and had no trouble out of my summit goliath

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
Have you ever got ready for hunting with everthing, and steped on the scales?
If your like me and all the stuff i carry you better add about 35 to 40 pounds atleast not counting your treestand:eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
sleeping!!!

Go spend the $280 and buy the summit goliath. To me it is the most comfortable stand that I have ever hunted in. Hell I sometimes have trouble staying awake. Maybe thats why I don't see any deer( I snore) :zip:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i going with the Summit Goliath, hope i dont fall alsleep too, i snore like a pregnant elephant...

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
i am 300 and i used the lone wolfe sit and climb. it very easy to used and very coffy. the only problem is my legs hit the side bar when i sitting but i have the old sling seat. i will not worry about the caost that much because if you buy a satnd in last 5 years and you are happy all that time you got your money worth but if you have to buy a stand every 2 years you will be spending $300 -$500 any way

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I would say the Summit Goliath would be your best bet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
summit goliath

·
Registered
333 Posts
Lone Wolf stands are rated for 350lbs:eek:

Their Climbing sticks are also rated for 350lbs:wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts