Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys can anyone give me some names of good stand that don't creak or squeak, but don't break the bank. Need 2 man ladder and hang on. Thanks

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
For a hang on I think you will find a lot of support for Lone Wolf here. I have one of their Alpha II hangons and it's been awesome for me! Great quality, comfort, and very quiet.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Lond Wolf Alpha II for the hang on ... cant help ya with a ladder, I dont use 'em ..

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
My xop vanish xt is very quiet.

Will put my vote in your the lonewolf though, wish I went that route.

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Chippewa Wedge lock no matter how cold it gets.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
My lone wolf and muddy both have squeaks. The lone wolf will squeak and pop when standing up no matter how tight I tighten the straps. The muddy will squeak if I lift the seat up when standing up and getting in/out. The lone wolf will do the same from time to time as well

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Chippewa Wedge lock no matter how cold it gets.
X2 on this, my chippewa is dead queit and soild as a rock on the tree, just wish it was a lil lighter in weight but molle II straps have since negated the feel of its weight on my back so not really a issue anymore.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
My lone wolf and muddy both have squeaks. The lone wolf will squeak and pop when standing up no matter how tight I tighten the straps. The muddy will squeak if I lift the seat up when standing up and getting in/out. The lone wolf will do the same from time to time as well
Put bow string wax on the washers and metal parts on the seat of the muddy. One of mine did that and the bow string wax fixed it. That was a few years ago, and it’s still silent.

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
I don't have any stands that squeak. You can silence any stand with cheap bushings at contact points.
That's my plan, once I pull them here in a month.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Make sure you're not tightening the bottom strap to tight. If its past being snug, the stand binds when you stand you and it pops. The purpose of the bottom strap is to just keep the base from kicking out from the tree. The top strap supports the weight and should be tight and solid.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
I own a few brands and my Lone Wolf Alpha is extremely quiet. I have no worries about moving for a shot when deer are in range.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
I own a bunch of them . loosen your cushion . chances are , if your stand isn't moving , the straps on the cushion will squeak every time you twist . none of mine squeak and none cost me an arm and a leg either . the funny thing is , this happened on 1 of mine , sounded just like metal creaking . sure worth a try ... cost nothing .

·
Vendor
1,722 Posts
Hey guys can anyone give me some names of good stand that don't creak or squeak, but don't break the bank. Need 2 man ladder and hang on. Thanks

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
EQUALIZER self leveling climber tree stand.......Start Level Stay Level on ascent/descent......since 2003 thousands going up and down trees.

YouTube Video ' Equalizer tree stand vs Higher Level tree stand ' video made by two hunters......now over 13,000 views.....take a look......YOU DECIDE !

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My xop is quiet but at extreme angles can pop when you stand up ( just stay standing if the stand is like this ) brother and dad have Chippewa and they are silent but you also can't mount them at the angle i can my xop to make it pop

1 - 20 of 48 Posts