Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a treehopper rope today to use with my full boby harness...man that thing is super long. Have any of you guys cut the length down after recieving your rope?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Be careful as to how much you cut off as this rope was designed for tree trimmers that climb much larger diameter trees!
You can throw the extra rope over a shoulder, but you cannot add any rope to it once cut!!!
You never know when you might be setting a ladder stand against a LARGE tree.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to roll the xtra up and zip tie it or put a wrap of electrical tape on it....in case I ever need the extra length.

·
Registered
625 Posts
First time I've heard about the treehopper. Looks like a good system to hang stands with, however I don't think this company may have completely thought through the use of it as a sitting harness.

Waist belt harnesses were outlawed by the TreeStand Manufacturers association years ago because they were nearly always used improperly and caused a risk of turning the person upside down or suffocating them in a fall.

Just educating here, not flaming. Think about how this product should really be used. Fine for hanging stands, but maybe not so good for sitting in it.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First time I've heard about the treehopper. Looks like a good system to hang stands with, however I don't think this company may have completely thought through the use of it as a sitting harness.

Waist belt harnesses were outlawed by the TreeStand Manufacturers association years ago because they were nearly always used improperly and caused a risk of turning the person upside down or suffocating them in a fall.

Just educating here, not flaming. Think about how this product should really be used. Fine for hanging stands, but maybe not so good for sitting in it.
I am got the rope part of the Treehopper for setting up trees and stands, not for hunting. I am using an old seat of the pants safety belt(full body harness) in conjunction with the tree hopper rope. When I got the rope it was just long, looks alot bigger than what I need for the size trees I will be working on. I am using this system seprately from my Hunting Safety Harness ( Muddy) because it will be getting sweaty during the setting up of trees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts