Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
Nope!!!

But I just got one and I think they are great. I got a message from another guy on AT who cut ALL the straps off of his. I have cut the shoulder straps off and it rolls up real neat.

do a search for threads by me and you can find the thread to see pics of the one the other guy cut up.

· Registered
731 Posts
I can see cutting the shoulder straps off, as they really arent necessary and have nothing to do with safety. However, they dont weigh much at all, and they do hold it up when you're walking in...assuming you wear it in.

Cutting the leg straps off though? While it probably would not pose a safety concern, it's that one in a million chance I need those straps to keep me inside the saddle and off the ground 25' below that keeps me from cutting them off. You guys might be nuts! LOL

By the way, first season using the saddle. Nearly every day of the season has been spent in the saddle since Sep. 13th. I'm loving every minute of it. Taken two does with it on now.

Some things I do that make it more user friendly for me are:

- I keep 2-3 little screw-in bowholders in the side pouch, necessary for hanging the bow and quiver.

- A "haul line" is permanently tied to the side.

- I also attached a folding saw with a retractable lanyard to the side that slips into the pocket.

- Rather than roll up the linemans belt, I wear it over one shoulder and clipped back to the loop while walking in or out.

- I went back to a "fanny pack" which I wear over my shoulder on the climb up. Once in place I strap it around the tree and have anything I may need at my finger tips.

-When hunting on the fly, instead of bringing a climber, I use the saddle, and mini-lonewolf sticks. Any tree is now a possibility.

- I modified a strap-on treestep to have 3 steps on it so that when I hunt new spots that don't have pre-placed steps. I can strap that on quickly and silently for my "platform". The wider plastic steps are more comfortable than screw-in rod steps too. Plus its easier than screwing in 4 treesteps and getting them level with each other.

- I also picked up some knee pads and a back brace from Lowes to make long sits more comfortable.

Again, I LOVE the treesaddle...Good luck fellow saddlers...be safe.

---Matt

· Registered
731 Posts
could you run that bit back by regarding the 3 step.

You are putting that up top and the 3 steps are circumferential?
thanks,ddd
Yes, I'll try to post a picture of it when I get a chance. I'll pm you when I do.

---Matt

heres a pic: The one step is sewn in place, the other two were obviously from other straps and can be moved around to wherever I need them (depending upon tree size).

· fall at last
3,261 Posts
my leg straps were always snaggin on something so I took up some of the slack and sewed it together with some heavy thread used for patching leather. There still loose, but now they won't catch on everything when I'm climbing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.