Archery Talk Forum banner

Treestand help please

872 Views 18 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  rod251
Hey everyone. My girlfriend will be starting to bow hunt this year and I need to locate the ideal climber for her. She has hunted before, but never w/ the bow and never with a treestand. I am looking for a mobile, light, and SAFE climber for her. She is a samll girl so I need something light. She is not a wimp, but I don't want her to have to lug a 20+ lb stand around. Any ideas? I am looking at the Original Ol' Man aluminum stand. I myself prefer the Vision by the same name. The original claims to be just under 18#'s. Love to hear from female shooters too! Thanks!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Given the fact she needs/wants something light and she has never hunted from a treestand before, I would suggest a Summit Viper. They are very secure and light. I think they feel more secure than others of the same weight.

· Registered
2,744 Posts
I have the timbertall,it's like 12lbs. If she's a small girl it would be perfect. I like it if I have to hike like a mile,but not quite roomy enough for me. I prefer my summit.

· Registered
373 Posts
Lone Wolf sit & Climb. Light weight, comfortable and very quiet. All the other climbers out there are noisey compared to the Lone Wolf. Also, the belts on the Lone Wolf actually grab the tree unlike the other climbers....a LW can climb a telephone pole...the others cant.

· Registered
2,067 Posts
There are some stands that are better in one area or another...but for the price...versatility and safety features you will be hard pressed to find a better stand than a Summit Viper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.