Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a lonewolf hang on treestand an was very excited about it. It looked to be a very good treestand and the guy at sportsman's warehouse said it was a great treestand. Well I bought it and got it home and set the stand up on my living room floor so that it was in the upright position and had my wife pull on the back to make sure it stayed upright while i sat on it. I tried to sit down and my knees were in my chin and my feet were alomst all the way off the platform, and i was tucking them in. There was no possible way I could be comfortable on this treestand. Has anybody else tried one of these. Was I doing something wrong? Also, how many of you guys have used the API Baby Grandstand and the Mega Grand stand? Are they big enough. How do u like them?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Never used a lone wolf but the API's are great stands I have three of them. Take the wolf back and get one with a bigger platform if it's too small.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
agrred

baby grands have huge platforms....and the a cheaper way that i hunted out of a couple last year is the gorilia stands...there pretty large

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Im 6' 3" 240lbs and I have more than plenty of room in my Lone Wolf Alpha. Either you bought the assault, or you need to hang that dude on a tree before you take it back and make sure things aren't different.

Also, the platform is adjustable with the cables, so make sure it isn't all the way up, or you could be cramped..

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You might also

look at the gorilla king kong lounger.API's are great stands.I've always thought
LoneWolf stands were too small.I don't really like the BABY GRAND,your back is too close to the tree.Alot of guys around here are going on about the MILLENIUM stands.A stand must be comfortable and safe for extended hunts.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt know they platfom was a adjustable. and I didnt get the alpha, But I will try adsting the platofrm first

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mean i i did not buy the assault.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I like to use the big game boss xl. It is way cheaper, and has a huge platform.

·
Don't Blink!
3,140 Posts
Chippewa Wedge-Loc Brutus Maximus

Check it out...rock solid, HUGE platform, can order a taller seat height, and the easiest hanging system;

http://www.chippewawedgeloc.com/

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
stillhunter34 said:
I like to use the big game boss xl. It is way cheaper, and has a huge platform.
Me too, I love the Big Game XL. A little heavy but very sturdy and roomy.

·
Bowhunter
5,201 Posts
Check out the measurements for that stand. Learn from this experience what you want in future purchases. I bought 3 stands on special 3 years ago - I find the platform a bit short at 24" long - I want 28" or longer on any stand I will buy in the future - 30" or more is preferable so I can stretch out my legs. Write this stuff down so you will know if a stand meets your wants in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts