Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've struggle the last few seasons with treestand storage. I have a pickup with no bed cover. I normally just leave it in the bed, but would like to keep it dry, and secure. The obvious solution would be to put it in the cab, but I'm also a stickler for scent control. So what I've decided is to keep it in a bag inside the cab of my truck with a scent cover waffer. Right now I'm using a large heavy duty trash bag, but it's a pain to slide the stand into the bag. I'm looking for a bag I can lay flat on the ground with a zipper. I can simply drop the stand in and zip up. Something like a oversized duffle. It doesn't have to be completely air tight as I think the cover secnts will take care of any slight infiltration. The stand is a lw sit + climb. So needs to be probably a minimum of 34" long 23" wide and I'd like 12" tall to accommodate my back pack as well.... anyone know of anything like this?

· Registered
1,304 Posts
I've struggle the last few seasons with treestand storage. I have a pickup with no bed cover. I normally just leave it in the bed, but would like to keep it dry, and secure. The obvious solution would be to put it in the cab, but I'm also a stickler for scent control. So what I've decided is to keep it in a bag inside the cab of my truck with a scent cover waffer. Right now I'm using a large heavy duty trash bag, but it's a pain to slide the stand into the bag. I'm looking for a bag I can lay flat on the ground with a zipper. I can simply drop the stand in and zip up. Something like a xml duffle. It doesn't have to be completely sit tight as I think the cover secnts will take care of any slight infiltration. The stand is a lw sit + climb. So needs to be probably a minimum of 34" long 23" wide and I'd like 12" to accommodate my back pack as well.... anyone know of anything like this?
You might check some sporting gear stores for gear bags. My son's high school issued him a large bag to carry all his football gear in...it was basically a large duffle bag with a rubber lining on the inside so mud and dirt could be washed out. It was large enough for him to fit 2XL shoulder pads and all his other gear in, plus his school backpack. It had a carry handle plus shoulder straps. I believe these were made by Russell.

· Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Go to an upholstery or a boat canvas shop and have one made. Top Gun coated canvas is the best, very durable. For the closure use 2"wide Velcro. It will cost a few bucks but it would be worth it safety wise. The stand in the cab can kill you in any kind of accident.

· Registered
23,035 Posts
Leave the stand in the back of the truck.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Just wondering what you guys store or keep your ground blinds in?? Thinking a large plastic bag, but the blind is like 4ft long when folded.. I don't see too many bags that big. Anyone know of a large plastic tote type box that I can put the blind and chairs into to keep them scent free? Help or ideas much appreciated.

· Vendor
28,416 Posts
Think about the thousands of hunters head to the woods in the same car or truck they use every day. After sweating playing baseball, doing construction etc they ride in their vehical get out, hunt and kill deer. I've seen guides that smoke like a freight train take their customers to hunt in the smoke stinking truck and they still get plenty of deer. No matter what we do in the right conditions the deer will smell us and see us and then its gone. As others have said in an accident the stand will become a projectile. I've never worried about what the stand smelled like and have taken well over 100 deer with a bow. Could it possibly cost us a deer? Yes but I bet it smells our breath way before the it smells the stand. :secret:

· Registered
1,572 Posts
I've struggle the last few seasons with treestand storage. I have a pickup with no bed cover. I normally just leave it in the bed, but would like to keep it dry, and secure. The obvious solution would be to put it in the cab, but I'm also a stickler for scent control. So what I've decided is to keep it in a bag inside the cab of my truck with a scent cover waffer. Right now I'm using a large heavy duty trash bag, but it's a pain to slide the stand into the bag. I'm looking for a bag I can lay flat on the ground with a zipper. I can simply drop the stand in and zip up. Something like a oversized duffle. It doesn't have to be completely air tight as I think the cover secnts will take care of any slight infiltration. The stand is a lw sit + climb. So needs to be probably a minimum of 34" long 23" wide and I'd like 12" tall to accommodate my back pack as well.... anyone know of anything like this?
I could make you one on the old thread injector out of cordura or a tarp

· Banned
18,714 Posts
A xlarge/XXLg canvas Military Duffle bag ..... if its wet I then put the LW/sticks in a super large contractor plastic bag/garbage bag... the one I use has the waffling on it for strength, then I put it in the xlg duffle ...

Attachments

· Registered
8,611 Posts
I keep my treestand, boots, saws, decoy/s, mat that I stand on while dressing, scent sprays ect all inside a large tote I got at Lowes. I actually have 2 of them, 1 for my kids & 1 for me. They are water tight & keep my stuff scent free. I keep them in the garage year around until I'm going hunting or scouting. Then, I just toss the tote in the back of my mini van.

Has made hunting light years easier to prepare for, as it is all there ready to load in. When I get a deer, I just put all of the Tote's items off to the side AND I load the deer into the now empty tote, go to the gas station and load the tote up with ice. My deer is ice cold the next morning when I go to process it. Best system I've found in 30 years.

All my stuff from the tote stacked on the lid with 2 deer inside icing down!

Vehicle Car Van

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.