Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see 'em. I found this one on public land in Nebraska. Must have weighed 50 lbs.

Think I would have used a little heavier rope to hang it though...

·
In constant pursuit of...
8,437 Posts
I dont have a picture, but i once found a wooden 4' x 4' pallet stuck between 2 limbs, they had scabbed a couple short 2x4's under it in the shape of a V

Scary to say the least!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
lol.. has to be a joke!

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
You know your a ******* if you make a treestand out of a shopping cart.

marty

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That shopping cart one is schweeeet! You don't get much more creative than that. I think I'll make my own with a few slight improvements.

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Here's one from the past.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The person that hunts one of those stands, must have no self regard for life.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I will definetly post pics soon on this topic...we got a pile of them. all the ones we currently hunt are extremely safe though. I have seen some weird ones in my day though...a couple pallets in trees and even some metal framing hung in a tree with some 2x4s across them.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Those are some nice stands!! LOL

I found one on crown land here that was an wooden 4'x8' platform 10' off the ground.

Matt

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'll get a pic of the one that's on my family's property where I hunt. I know you'll get a kick out of it.:thumbs_do

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
danger, danger, danger, you should never consider using a home built wooded stand or make shift type thing that will surely get you killed if you do you will get what you deserve and end up like Chris Reeve!!!

Naa only kidding i'm just saving some tree stand cop the trouble, i luv ******* treestands and have built many myself that were as safe as standing on the ground, its just gotten to the point that store bought stands are so cheap thats all i use now.....:shade:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'll get a pic of the one that's on my family's property where I hunt. I know you'll get a kick out of it.:thumbs_do
I just realized how that looked.. No, I don't hunt out of this "******* treestand" I mention above. It's someone else's they left after helping themselves to the property.lol

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
There was a homemade tree stand on some property that I hunt that still make me laugh when I think about it. This stand was more of a tree house. It was huge with a swivel recliner, gas stove, pantry with canned goods, and a battery operated TV.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts