Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I was considering buying a TreeSuit, for getting way back into the woods, with ease, and hopefully allowing me to climb most any tree I want to hunt out of.
I would like to know what the "platform" is for? Their website shows no pics or description of it, and I'm wondering if it is a climbing aid or what???

Also, I'm wondering what is the best way to climb up the tree? I realize screw in steps or strap on ladder sticks can be used, but is there a better or faster way to climb? Perhaps the climbing spikes that strap to one's boots, might be faster/easier? Please tell me the best way to climb.
Also, It appears to me, that once you are in the tree, all you need is a series of 2-3 screw-in steps, placed around the tree, in order to give yourself something to push off of, with your feet, in order to pivot around and make different shots.
Can someone tell me if this is ALL that is needed in order to successfully hunt out of a TreeSuit???
Is there anything else I need to know about this, before I buy????
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I used a treesuit for years and regret it. It cost me shots.

It's hard to get into position....I'll leave it at that.

If you want to go in deep and do it comfortably get a quality pak frame and strap it to the underside of a good stand like a lone wolf alpha. A quality hang on will grab those crappy little trees AND allow you to actually get a shot off.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are you talking about the tree saddle? I used one today for the first time I was up in one filming another hunter who was also using one. We used screw in steps to climb up and then had 4 steps around the top that we stood on and used to pivot around the tree.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bsktball55 said:
Are you talking about the tree saddle? I used one today for the first time I was up in one filming another hunter who was also using one. We used screw in steps to climb up and then had 4 steps around the top that we stood on and used to pivot around the tree.
Well, I'm actually talking about the TreeSuit, which is very similar to the TreeSaddle. Two companies, with similar products.
Yeah, I was concerned about whether it would cost me shots or not.
I surely don't want that.

A Lonewolf Hang On is definitely in my future too. I had one a few years back, and I will own one again for sure.
Thanks guys.

Still interested to hear how you guys actually climb the tree, when using these TreeSuits and Saddles..??
Thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I was looking at them

I was looking at the tree saddle and kind of figure they look pretty similar to the rigs we wore when I was a lineman. My brother in law is a tree topper so I was sort of thinking I might borrow his tree spurs(they are a bit longer and different than the spurs you use on telephone poles) and climbing harness and see what I can shoot like from the trees at our cabin. I am pretty comfy up high and off spurs so I am sort of drawn to the look of the tree saddle.

I would use spurs to get up there, then put a few pegs in to move around the tree without making noise.

Randyb

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Lone Wolf climbing sticks are the way to go....lightweight and very solid on the tree.

Just a few things I have heard from guys who have used the Treesuit...they say that the webbing is stiffer and noisier than the Tree Saddle's webbing...something you may want to consider. Also, from everything I have heard the platform with the Treesuit does not work very well. Yes, the Treesuit is cheaper but, from everything I have heard, you are basically getting what you pay for.

·
Registered
235 Posts
guidos web

http://homepages.apci.net/~johnb/GuidosOutdoors/

check this link out, it's for a guidos web. i seen this advertised in a magazine. its similar to the others but seems like it might be a little more comfortable. i wonder if any one has tried them. im also interested in the tree saddle or the guidos web and how people liked them. i've heard both sides that people either loved them or hated them but that was only from a few people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts