Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used both of these and how do they compare?I've had the steel OlMan stands and am ready to buy a new one,can't decide and have no way to look at them side by side.Also is the 35'' platform length on the Treewalker the actual platform measurement or is that the measurement to the end of the footrest?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
When you think about shooting from the climbing stand, no matter if you have a sit and climb,or a Treewalker, you're probably going to have to stand up anyway if you have any side shots, the only way you can take a sitting down shot, is if it is straight in front of you. I've had all the other L/W stands, and I would not trade my Treewalker for them.

The biggest thing is it is comfortable, it's stable and solid, it's rated at
350 lb. And it is also TMA certified. As far as the removal bar, I have XL, and I probably won't be removing it on every hunt, it does not get in the way, but with a permanent bar you have about three more inches of length on the top part of the stand. That's the only reason I recommended the one with the permanent bar. I don't use a heated bodysuit but my butts not exactly a toothpick neither ( 6' 215lb) and by the time you get hunting camo on you are naturally a little bit wider, but the Treewalker is not lacking in comfort, and you're also not crammed it's the easiest climber I've ever used, with the cables being yellow, and shape like the tubes, and the cable popping back around the tree so you don't have to fish for it, it all adds up to a great climbing stand.

Carl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts