Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new climbing stand and I've been reading a lot about the Treewalkers. I'm trying to decide between one of them and the Summit Goliath. I'm a big guy and need a wide seat. I tried my buddy's Summit today and the one he has is smaller than the Goliath and I could use it but only with light clothes on. That said the Goliath will fit me really well I think.

So...to my point, the Goliath is 21.75 inches inside the seat frame. Treewalker's website shows their stands seat frame to be 22 inches wide but they don't specify if that's inside or outside measurements. Can one of you guys that has one of the newest models measure and tell me what the inside measurement is?

Much appreciated.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm afraid it's not quite wide enough. I sat in a Summit that is 19 3/4" yesterday and it's fine in street clothes but with very little room for anything else. In fact, my metal loops on the Seat-O-The-Pants harness system hit the sides when I got up and sat down.

I'm going to have to go with the Goliath for the extra room when wearing cold weather clothes.

I appreciate you measuring for me.

· Registered
1,178 Posts
I just bought......

the Summit 180 Max and it is the most comfortable stand I have ever sit in. I'm 6'1" 325 + and I have plenty of room. Had a Lone Wolf since 1999 and like the stand but with my safety vest on I kept getting hung up on the climbing frame, pain in the butt.I just used the Summit for the first time tonight. but so far I am more than happy, very stable and almost as comfy as any lounger I have sit in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.