Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recomendations on a private land trespass fee archery elk hunt in Colorado....I've hunted National Forest for the past 5 yrs and wanting to try something different Thanks

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
For me, it would have to be a pretty specific property that I knew well to pay any kind of fee. And the odds of that property being less than $5-$10k to hunt would be slim. So if it were me, I'd just choose another NF spot. Seems like most of the large enough, decently positioned, private outfits are already leasing to outfitters or others. Good luck finding what you're looking for. I love hunting national forest!

·
DefiantShooter
10,943 Posts
Don't hunt CO!

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
will pass on the $10,000 lol
Figured you would lol. I hunted the fenceline of that ranch a few years ago(NF side) I think the rancher had them trained, I heard over 200 bugles answering my cow calls, at least 7 or 8 different bulls, not a one would cross the fence. lol

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
Figured you would lol. I hunted the fenceline of that ranch a few years ago(NF side) I think the rancher had them trained, I heard over 200 bugles answering my cow calls, at least 7 or 8 different bulls, not a one would cross the fence. lol
I know a ranch just like that. Unfortunately, I could offer the owner $10k and he still wouldn't let me hunt it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hunted an area that bordered private land......tried for 3 days to get those bulls to cross the fence....couldnt get them any closer than 60 yds....They knew the property line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,156 Posts
My buddy has a deal on private for $1,200 this yr in Western Co. Last year he saw hundreds of elk on the ranch- so herded up it was tough to get close. I was going to join him but drew Az. If you want the guys info PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts