Archery Talk Forum banner
4141 - 4160 of 4183 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
It doesn't look like he has his pack in the second photo either....maybe left them wherever he was setup and either took a hike or went back for something? I'm thinking the fellow across the road who has to walk by a line of "No Trespassing" signs to get where the trail cam took the photos.
Maybe he forgot his bow🤣
hope it was a 1 time deal and he keeps off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Caught this fellow setting up a little minivan homestead on one property a few weeks ago. Got photos of him the first night he was out there. He entering the property just after sundown, parked right by the entrance, then snuck up the entrance road on foot (probably looking to see if there was a house or people up there), returned to his vehicle and drove the rest of the way up the road. He stayed there for the night and then got up and left the next morning just at daybreak. I didn’t notice the notifications on my phone until the photo of him leaving the next morning came in but after seeing that he left I rode out there and he had a table, dining fly, camp stove, **** bucket, water tank, etc setup so it was obvious he was planning to come back and stay a while. Called the fuzz and showed them photos and his camp setup so they were waiting for him when he pulled in that second night. They were originally going to just give him a trespass notice and tell him to get the heck out of there since it looked like he was just looking for an unoccupied place to camp for free for a couple days while passing through and wasn’t trying to steal anything or do anything too serious. Well that plan changed pretty quickly once they discovered that he had a few out of state arrest warrants and then found several stolen pistols, a stolen Remington 870 tactical, and a large stash of OxyContin, heroin, and methamphetamine inside his minivan. Needless to say this guy got hauled off to the clink.

On the bright side, the police didn’t want any of the camping supplies for evidence so I got me a new camp stove, propane tank, tarp, folding table, a few 5 gallon water jugs, and a well used ****ter bucket (which is just a 5 gallon bucket with the bottom cut out; I actually might steal that idea and make one of them for all my hunting property’s whiteout a cabin or running water in case an emergency arises because it really does look way more comfortable and effective than freestyle squatting or dropping one over the side of a log).

Originally this post was only going to be about the methyvan camper above, but turns out that as I was in the cell cam app getting those photos I actually discovered that exact same camera caught somebody else trespassing just 3 days ago! Haha, guess I get to call the sheriff today!

It’s pretty crazy because that camera has only been there since November. A few weeks after I put it up I got a photo of the neighbors high school age sons up there smoking weed. I didn’t call the cops on that one because I’m tight with the neighbor and I recognized his kids so I just gave him a curtesy call to let him know that he needs to teach his kids how to properly do the marijuana. Figured he ought to teach them that doing illegal **** while standing right in front of a camera is probably not the brightest idea. Anyway, between that and the fact that I’ve now got 2 different strangers trespassing on that same camera in less than a month it really makes me wonder how much other shady **** has been going on out there in years past without me having the slightest clue about it. Looking a lot like I am going to be purchasing a gate in the near future. Or maybe not, might just leave it open as is and use it to help the sheriff arrest all the local riffraff. Kind of like how some police departments use a “bait car” to catch car thieves our department could use my “bait land” to catch all the local treaspassers and meth addicted minivaners.

·
Bettering the last.....
5,901 Posts
Another fine NY installment here. This is the most lawless, tactless, skill-less residence of so called hunters.

Darien area.

This chitbag is 125 yards from my family occupied house, just walked by my posted signs and is calling to my groundblind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bettering the last.....
5,901 Posts
is he messing with a camera?
Nope- staring at my house and attempting to call birds

·
Bettering the last.....
5,901 Posts
Another wNY super pro staff

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Bump

Reactions: sdmc530

·
Bettering the last.....
5,901 Posts
That joker above got cited due to some online tips. Win one for the good guys.

·
Bettering the last.....
5,901 Posts
this thread makes me very sad that there are so many disrespectful hunters. I can not imagine trespassing.
Never, absolutely never, buy land in NY. The most disrespectful law breaking group of ignorant bumbling bafoons out there comprise the majority of the hunting census. Lawlessness is more engrained in deer hunting here than treestands are. Just Incase you were curious on why I posted a few times in this thread and what my thoughts on living and hunting here are….. ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Never, absolutely never, buy land in NY. The most disrespectful law breaking group of ignorant bumbling bafoons out there comprise the majority of the hunting census. Lawlessness is more engrained in deer hunting here than treestands are. Just Incase you were curious on why I posted a few times in this thread and what my thoughts on living and hunting here are….. ;)

Never understood that mentality. I mainly hunt on public land., but I always check before I go for adjacent properties and where the lines are. Even if I shot a deer and it jumped your fence and died 10' on the other side I would make every attempt to contact the owner before I went over the fence and dragged it back.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Ive never owned a large piece of land but have leased some tracts of 130 up to 190 in WNY. The key to stop trespassing is to nip it in the bud the first year. Have a no tolerance policy and have someone arrested or confronted by law enforcement. Rip down any stand you see that isnt yours and leave a note where they can get. Landowners and lease holders that are known to have this policy are avoided by these jerks. Once word gets around that it wont be tolerated it stops. I imagine it would be the same in any state.

·
Bettering the last.....
5,901 Posts
This will be my last text post but public here is even worse unless you can find a way to keep the effortless away from you. Usually they leave fixed stands (illegal) amongst the other bs.

As for the word out- we had two of three from this yr pinched. Bet there are likely more this yr. Between road visible bucks and proximity to a city it never ends. Also have the classy neighbor who wants to be a tv star that kills everything for footage (and i mean in quantity).

Friends with a few encon officers. It helps but they have so much on their plates getting assistance is a challenge.

Worst state to hunt for a reason.

4141 - 4160 of 4183 Posts