Archery Talk Forum banner
4161 - 4180 of 4183 Posts

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Caught this fellow setting up a little minivan homestead on one property a few weeks ago. Got photos of him the first night he was out there. He entering the property just after sundown, parked right by the entrance, then snuck up the entrance road on foot (probably looking to see if there was a house or people up there), returned to his vehicle and drove the rest of the way up the road. He stayed there for the night and then got up and left the next morning just at daybreak. I didn’t notice the notifications on my phone until the photo of him leaving the next morning came in but after seeing that he left I rode out there and he had a table, dining fly, camp stove, **** bucket, water tank, etc setup so it was obvious he was planning to come back and stay a while. Called the fuzz and showed them photos and his camp setup so they were waiting for him when he pulled in that second night. They were originally going to just give him a trespass notice and tell him to get the heck out of there since it looked like he was just looking for an unoccupied place to camp for free for a couple days while passing through and wasn’t trying to steal anything or do anything too serious. Well that plan changed pretty quickly once they discovered that he had a few out of state arrest warrants and then found several stolen pistols, a stolen Remington 870 tactical, and a large stash of OxyContin, heroin, and methamphetamine inside his minivan. Needless to say this guy got hauled off to the clink.
Guy on the four wheeler might have been the meth guy's buddy looking for the camping stuff...?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interesting that most of the hunters that are trespassing have been wearing Mossy Oak camo. Guess it doesnt hide them too well. lol
Looks like you are lucky they didnt steal your camera.
Well it worked pretty good as they shot a turkey on us that morning. As far as stealing my camera, had they reached for my cellphone, it may have caused the shotgun I was holding in them to go off.

·
JustaNobody
1,868 Posts
Well it worked pretty good as they shot a turkey on us that morning. As far as stealing my camera, had they reached for my cellphone, it may have caused the shotgun I was holding in them to go off.
THought maybe it was a trail camera pic, like most of these are. Too bad you didnt pop their eye with the butt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't have them but my brother got pictures of a guy hunting our property. We are sitting at a diner after hunting one morning and the guy walks in. My brother went to his truck and got the photo's. Before showing them to him he asked if he ever went on the property. The guys said no, never. Then he spread the photos out on the table infront of him. It was great.
That’s fantastic

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Guy from the neighboring property drove his four wheeler around the water hole I was hunting in Montana last weekend 8 AM in the morning.
He was very apologetic and we called the owner but trespassing at 8 AM on the second day of the season. ***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Guy from the neighboring property drove his four wheeler around the water hole I was hunting in Montana last weekend 8 AM in the morning.
He was very apologetic and we called the owner but trespassing at 8 AM on the second day of the season. ***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s rough. Guy probably wasn’t a hunter and had no clue.

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
Here’s a partial of the guy messing with my Reveal, thankfully it was cable locked.
Plant Tree Sleeve People in nature Beard

• Sad
Reactions: ArchAnon

·
Registered
165 Posts
Plant Botany Natural environment People in nature Grass

I caught this guy digging ginseng on my Ohio property last weekend. Turned him into DNR but haven't heard anything back. I made him empty his pockets. He had sixty three roots.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
View attachment 7469388
I caught this guy digging ginseng on my Ohio property last weekend. Turned him into DNR but haven't heard anything back. I made him empty his pockets. He had sixty three roots.
With that amount of ginseng, you could be dealing with a hardened criminal.

Reactions: ArchAnon

·
Registered
165 Posts
Output device Rectangle Tablet computer Plant Gadget

Last year another camera caught this guy disguised going into to steal another camera that apparently must have caught a pic of him earlier in the day and he returned to destroy the evidence. He broke the back out of the other camera that was cable locked to a tree.
The year before they stole my for wheeler also. In southern Ohio.h

4161 - 4180 of 4183 Posts