Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted their TRG to a TRX?? The a2a is the same..38"...The limbs are the same width and length..the spacing between the limbs is the same..the axle diameter is the same except that the TRX uses tophats and the TRG uses shims but I did hear that the limb pockets are a different angle..has anyone frankened the TRG?? The reason I'm asking is I have both a TRG and a TRX and I find I shoot the TRX better so I'm thinking of a conversion.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,472 Posts
No, I haven’t but I do have a TRX 38 on the way and I own a TRG7. Ive been interested in trying the new cams on the TRG as well. One correction though, the TRG also uses top hats.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No, I haven’t but I do have a TRX 38 on the way and I own a TRG7. Ive been interested in trying the new cams on the TRG as well. One correction though, the TRG also uses top hats.
I would also like to try it I like the TRG grip 10000 times better than the TRX

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a spare set of 60 - 70 lb TRX7 limbs laying around..if I put them and a set of cams on my TRG7 I wonder where the weight would come out...mathews will not give any tech info out about franken a bow.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have heard you’ll loose approx 9# converting to the trx cams. I can’t confirm this tho as I haven’t done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard the same thing but I thought that was with TRG limbs...I have a set of TRX limbs to put on...anyone know the difference in limbs and the deflection numbers??

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally converted my TRG to a TRX...Gained about 5 lbs and lost an inch in Draw length. String came out the same length as a TRX38 but cables were shorter..had to over rotate the cams about 1/8 inch...I put 29 1/2 70% mods but I've got 29 - 80% mods ordered..I had a friend of a friend work out the cable and string lengths...he did a great job.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Finally converted my TRG to a TRX...Gained about 5 lbs and lost an inch in Draw length. String came out the same length as a TRX38 but cables were shorter..had to over rotate the cams about 1/8 inch...I put 29 1/2 70% mods but I've got 29 - 80% mods ordered..I had a friend of a friend work out the cable and string lengths...he did a great job.
You used the TRX limb ?

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I used the TRG limbs .. 40-50 and when I converted they came out maxed at 53 lb

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll post a photo tomorrow...It really looks good...the finish on the trg is so much nicer than the finish on a trx

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Photos of my TRGX7...Now I'm just waiting for Mathews to send me my 29/80% mods so I can do my final tweeking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You will also need to cut the string stop rod shorter. Because you loose about 1/2 " in brace height.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Also when I did mine I used the trx38 string lengths, but had to twist the cables a little shorter.
A2A stayed at 38 and poundage stayed at 60 lb.
Cam timming was right on the marks.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You will also need to cut the string stop rod shorter. Because you loose about 1/2 " in brace height.

Did that...had to cut off about 1/8 inch

1 - 20 of 21 Posts