Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing a TRIAX and was wondering what kind of of speed people are getting, I currently shoot a HTR 66lbs (cannot get any more draw weight out of it) 28.5 draw with a 375 gr arrow. I am wanting go up to 400 - 425 grain arrow weight and closer to 70lbs. Does anyone have chrony readings.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got to chrono a triax next to my halon 32-6. Both at 27" @ 70# shooting a 375 grain arrow and a 415 grain arrow. The triax was 1-2 fps faster on both arrows. My strings are also around a year old so I figure with break in on the strings and tuning it should shoot around the same speed.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Truthfully don’t know... Haven’t put a bow through a chrono in years... But, shooting 29”/70# with a 385 gr arrow... I can comfortably say it’s quick enough! ;-)

·
Registered
11,404 Posts
Truthfully don’t know... Haven’t put a bow through a chrono in years... But, shooting 29”/70# with a 385 gr arrow... I can comfortably say it’s quick enough! ;-)
Roger that:wink:

Mine's gonna be pretty slow though pretty soon, it's gonna be launching some 600gr slugs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts