Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys lets see some pics of groupings at long distance for for the new mathws and maybe some pics of your setup and why a i wait patiently for mine to arrive

·
Registered
323 Posts
Broadwater did a video a few weeks ago shooting a group at 80 yards with it. It was pretty good. So it will group well at long range if the connection between the grip and the release does the job

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
i can't hit the target with mine at 60yds:wink: way too short to shoot accurately... nock pinch, string angle, plus it's a boat anchor.... yada yada....

seriously, it's as easy to shoot well as any other bow i have owned, i love it, and i'm sure you will too.

most who don't like the triax predetermined they weren't gonna like it before they shot it.... or just haven't shot it. not saying it's the best bow ever made or anything, but it is my favorite bow i have owned.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The bow shoots well at long range no different than any other bow out there as long as it’s tuned and the Indian does it’s job! I don’t like short ATA bows because of how far the peep is from my eye. This bow shoots very good but it’s not for me. Those who like it, I hope you shoot it well!

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Mine has been shooting very nice and the more I shoot it the more I like it.
Problem is the weather has been so lousy a person cant enjoy shooting outside right now.
Winter sucks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've shot out to 60 yards. I initially installed an Apex Covert Pro on mine, but changed back to my MBG Ascent this weekend. The wind blew all weekend here. My groups to 40 have tightened up with Ascent. I believe it's due to the .010 pin.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
This was shot at 100yds.

IMG_1536.PNG

But it wasn't with a triax....

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
According to Levi Morgan the bow shoots like a 30 inch axle to axle bow because of the large cams. Alot of guys have given me flack over not shooting it. I probably should go try it out, but for me I don't shoot 30ata bows well and I can't stand the mathews grips. I owned the halon 32 and shot it ok but just couldn't get used to the grip and weight of the bow.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Do you guys really think Levi would be shooting the Triax if he had a choice? The cam doesn't even make his draw length. He has to shoot a bow that doesn't fit him because he is under contract. I got to walk and talk with Levi at the ATA on the way to my hotel room. He is a very nice and honest guy. I will leave it at that.

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
The bow shoots well at long range no different than any other bow out there as long as it’s tuned and the Indian does it’s job! I don’t like short ATA bows because of how far the peep is from my eye. This bow shoots very good but it’s not for me. Those who like it, I hope you shoot it well!
Amen. ^^^^ Sorry OP but seeing everyone else's groups says very little about the bow itself.

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
Do you guys really think Levi would be shooting the Triax if he had a choice? The cam doesn't even make his draw length. He has to shoot a bow that doesn't fit him because he is under contract.
Bingo.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Do you guys really think Levi would be shooting the Triax if he had a choice? The cam doesn't even make his draw length. He has to shoot a bow that doesn't fit him because he is under contract. I got to walk and talk with Levi at the ATA on the way to my hotel room. He is a very nice and honest guy. I will leave it at that.
My point exactly. So many fanboys on here and youtube just can't seem to understand that a short ata bow is not going to shoot like a 32 ata. But they all claim it shoots like a "big bow." Lol. It can't shoot like a big bow, because it's technologically impossible no matter how little shock there is and how well it balances, a longer ata bow is going to be more forgiving period....

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,540 Posts
Yeah Jim Burnworth does the same and there will always be situations like that unfortunately. I don't see the big deal with it... I doubt Lee drinks as much Mountain Dew as he shows in his show but hey that's how they get paid. The bow does shoot really well.

I have guided elk hunters on TV shows that hunt using KUIU and Swaro's than get to the kill and throw on Relatree and Nikon at the time. Just have to read between the lines.

·
Pond Creek Assassin
1,407 Posts
Yeah Jim Burnworth does the same and there will always be situations like that unfortunately. I don't see the big deal with it... I doubt Lee drinks as much Mountain Dew as he shows in his show but hey that's how they get paid. The bow does shoot really well.

I have guided elk hunters on TV shows that hunt using KUIU and Swaro's than get to the kill and throw on Relatree and Nikon at the time. Just have to read between the lines.
What TV shows only show the hunts after the kill?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts