Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve shot only about 300 arrows outside so far out of my Triax and hunted the last 3 years with a htr so here is my take on it so far - the Triax is a little quieter and draw is a little stiffer and the Triax is a lot faster and is also dead in hand after the shot like the htr or better if it’s possible than the htr, over all the Triax is very nice to shoot it’s quiet,fast,dead in hand after the shot and is very accurate. So Triax owners what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am still waiting on my custom order Triax to arrive in mid January and so can't give any thoughts until I have some time with it. But my current bow is a PSE Evolve 31 and so I think I have two of the best hunting bows made. Can't wait to get the Triax and put in some range time. :)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Triax vs Halon 32. Draw feels very similar. Triax is quiter and faster. 32 string angle is better. Shot a 5 spot round with both bows the other day and the Triax beat the 32 by 2 Xs, so I can shoot it at least as good as my 32 it seems. Never thought I’d own a bow this small but it just shoots great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Triax vs Halon 32. Draw feels very similar. Triax is quiter and faster. 32 string angle is better. Shot a 5 spot round with both bows the other day and the Triax beat the 32 by 2 Xs, so I can shoot it at least as good as my 32 it seems. Never thought I’d own a bow this small but it just shoots great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,404 Posts
Triax vs Chill R....

different draw cycle, equally as smooth, but the Triax hits peak weight a little later than my Chill R. I like my Chill R but the Triax is just awesome. it balances better, it's quieter and more hand shock free (I thought my chill r was tame until shooting them side by side) it holds on target much better for me, it just seems to sit there like a rifle on a bipod, and it has some serious fun factor.

I was going to keep my chill r for a backup, but changed my mind after some time behind the Triax, I will never shoot the chill r again, and I know it:wink: I will give my brother in law a good deal on it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My triax is quieter than my centergy hybrid and transitions into the pocket smoother.i love my prime and am going to keep it as a 3d bow.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My Triax won’t be in for another 2 weeks... So can’t compare. Although I am a new shooter so comparisons from me would probably be not as informative as the experts here (I currently have a Halon 32 w/ 6” brace).

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
I had an Impulse 31. I think the Triax has a much smoother draw cycle and a much better valley than the i31. After the shot it is more dead and quieter. A real joy to shoot. I also think the string angle is BETTER than the i31 because the limbs flexed soo much at full draw.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Triax vs Carbon Defiant 31

The Triax is smoother, quieter and 100% dead in the hand compared. The new Hoyts are not as impressive and 6fps slower than the Triax.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Elite Synergy vs the Triax.

Love the Synergy but love the TRIAX more! The Synergy is an amazing bow however the TRIAX out does the Synergy every step of the way. I didn't think the TRIAX would compete, however I was wrong! Never been a fan of Mathews until I shot the TRIAX!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts